User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

how to build using custom makefile?

<< < (2/2)

NickCt:
It's ok with the help.
But problems with the makefile build. Untill i'll be able to build a plugin and to work with the source ,is it possible to capture the output from tools in a compilers window  ? - as I use tools to build with makefiles
I could not configure the system to work with makefiles. It must be something with the environment -  I use 3-4  copilators at the same time and none's path  is in the environment usualy.
Thank  you!

mandrav:
Can you give a little more info on what exactly you 're trying to do? Maybe then I can be of more help...

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
I use BCC55,gcc,avr-gcc (diff assemblers too ),VC++6,.... . I intend to use  wxWindows exclusively in my projects and  I think CB will be VERY good!

1. How do I register a compiler - I use avr-gcc for microcontroler (avr)  programs. Is it possible to use different gcc versions at the same time? ( 3.3.1, 3.4.2 )
 2. I use different tools - asembler for example - mostly with makefiles . I would like to have the output of the tool captured  in a window , so to jump to the file/line where an error occured.
 3. To integrate practically any tool , the most simple solution would be :
        -  to be able to capture the output of the tool in a window
        -  to be able to jump to the error  (file,line,column) - as defined by me - with dblclk in the output window  SEE : http://conic.clawz.com/ToolCapture.jpg solution  from pn2
 4. Are the compiler, project settings and build option cumulative ??
        Are these true :
            - the options defined for a compilers aplies to all projects when compiled with that compiler
            - the options defined for a project are added to command line together with the compiler options for any build in the project
            - what is defined for a build is added to that build only

- does the system have implicit search paths? - can I change them for a project?

- how can I see the command line (when compiling a file or linking ....) ?-It would be very good for debuging, options control, see the way the IDE reacts at option  changes.
  Thak you. Nick.

mandrav:

--- Quote ---1. How do I register a compiler - I use avr-gcc for microcontroler (avr) programs. Is it possible to use different gcc versions at the same time? ( 3.3.1, 3.4.2 )
--- End quote ---

"Compile->Compiler options" and create a copy of a compiler (in your case, GCC). So, yes, you can use as many different compilers as you like.

--- Quote ---2. I use different tools - asembler for example - mostly with makefiles . I would like to have the output of the tool captured in a window , so to jump to the file/line where an error occured.
--- End quote ---

The output of the currently running command is displayed in the compiler log, provided you 're having full logging on - see below). So, if the current file is processed by an assembler, the assembler's output will be captured.

--- Quote --- 3. To integrate practically any tool , the most simple solution would be :
- to be able to capture the output of the tool in a window
- to be able to jump to the error (file,line,column) - as defined by me - with dblclk in the output window SEE : http://conic.clawz.com/ToolCapture.jpg solution from pn2
--- End quote ---

This exists since beta5 or 6. "Compile->Compiler options->Other->Advanced options->Output parsing". It's using regex's so it's very powerful.

--- Quote --- 4. Are the compiler, project settings and build option cumulative ??
Are these true :
- the options defined for a compilers aplies to all projects when compiled with that compiler
- the options defined for a project are added to command line together with the compiler options for any build in the project
- what is defined for a build is added to that build only
--- End quote ---

Yes to all. On top of that, you can configure the order of precedence for target's options using the "Policy" combobox above these settings.

--- Quote --- - does the system have implicit search paths? - can I change them for a project?
--- End quote ---

The compiler search paths are found in "Compile->Compiler options".

--- Quote ---- how can I see the command line (when compiling a file or linking ....) ?-It would be very good for debuging, options control, see the way the IDE reacts at option changes.
--- End quote ---

"Compile->Compiler options->Other->Compiler logging" and set it to "Full command line". This is a per-compiler setting so you 'll have to set it for every compiler you care.

HTH,
Yiannis.

Anonymous:
It' OK. I have now a better "big picture " on how I should use cb.
Thank you very much!

Nick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version