Author Topic: C::B exit problem  (Read 3801 times)

dreamers

C::B exit problem
« on: November 26, 2006, 03:22:10 pm »
Hello,

I'm a new user of Code::Blocks and i find this product great, but...

I have installed the latest nightly build with the install how-to in the wiki, the program works fine, but when i turn off the program, the window is closed, but if i watch in the process, codeblocks.exe already run, and my settings are not registered in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.CodeBlocks (the folder exist, but is empty).

And when i want to launch CodeBlocks one more time, i can't, because only one instances is authorized in the default configuration, so i kill the process and it's ok, but why the process can't quit ? i don't understand...

I running codeblocks latest nightly build (25 november), and i'm on XP SP2.

sorry for my language if has some mistake, but english and me are not very good friend ^^

Can you help me ?

nfz

Re: C::B exit problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:39:17 am »
Yes, noticed this too a couple of days ago but haven't gone through the shutdown code to see whats going on.  Noticed the problem in XP sp2 but didn't notice the problem in Fedora Core 6.  The Windows XP codeblocks build was svn rev 3272.  One thing I did notice is that it only occurs when the code completion plugin is enabled and a project or workspace is opened so maybe its something todo with the code completion thread not shutting down but I'm just guessing until I look at the code. If the plugin is disabled through the Manage Plugins window then codeblocks will shutdown fine (close all threads) but of course no code completion.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 04:41:04 am by nfz »

bubblegum.anarchy

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 07:39:29 am »
Running svn build rev 3268 (2006-11-25 16:26:04) gcc 3.4.5 Windows/unicode with the same issue as above - thanks for the disabling code completion fix - just have to enable and disable code completion each application session.

bubblegum.anarchy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:32:01 am »
Main Menu -> Plugins -> Manage Plugins

Untick `Install system-wide, for all users of this machine (requires administrative rights)`

This will stop the code completion plugin from crashing on application close.

dreamers

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 11:26:12 pm »
After many kill and restart application, and some hour later, codeblocks.exe closed "properly" (is'nt in the running process list after a "normal" exit), but i don't know why now it's ok, i changed nothing...

but... a question still ... my .CodeBlocks folder in my profiles is always emtpy... so... where is saved my configuration ? the changed i've made in the settings are saved, but i don't know where ?

have you an answer for me ?