Author Topic: MacOSX: Required bundle structure in rev 3245 not as expected  (Read 3689 times)

bnilsson

MacOSX: Required bundle structure in rev 3245 not as expected
« on: November 20, 2006, 07:11:49 pm »
It was announced that in svn rev 3245 the contents of CodeBlocks.app/Contents/Resources should be moved to CodeBlocks.app/Contents/Resources/share/codeblocks, and I changed the structure according to this information.
However, I got lots of errors complaining on things missing in CodeBlocks.app/Contents/SharedSupport, and the plugins did not load.
I tried to move things around according to the information in the error messages, but failed to reach any conclusion.
To simplify for myself I made a symlink from CodeBlocks.app/Contents/Resources/share/codeblocks to CodeBlocks.app/Contents/SharedSupport, and then CodeBlocks started without errors.

Is this really the intention? There seems to be some confusion where things should be located.

Start_here buttons and recent are now working in the "make" version , thanks for that.

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: MacOSX: Required bundle structure in rev 3245 not as expected
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 08:06:49 pm »
It was announced that in svn rev 3245 the contents of CodeBlocks.app/Contents/Resources should be moved to CodeBlocks.app/Contents/Resources/share/codeblocks, and I changed the structure according to this information.

I was the one that announced and moved it, so it's mine.

It was done since Mandrav said that "share/codeblocks"
should be used on all platforms (it is already on Windows)
Don't know where "SharedSupport" is coming from though,
that looks like a broken wxWidgets default or something ?

Seems like: wxStandardPaths::GetDataDir returns SS
Only need to find which code that was changed to call it ?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:12:21 pm by afb »

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 08:18:37 pm »
Is this really the intention? There seems to be some confusion where things should be located.

It is unintended, and I'm sorry for the confusion...

A SharedSupport directory contains additional non-critical resources that do not impact the ability of the application to run. For example, this directory might include things like document templates, clip art, and tutorials.

Seems like a bad place to keep XRC and images.

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:41:48 pm »
Typical, my unrelated fix for the prefix finding coincided with a new configmanager...
It already has a special case for Windows, so I am going to add one for Mac OS X.