User forums > Help

Compiling Codeblocks

(1/5) > >>

divner:
Hi Yiannis.

Codeblocks looks great. It certainly seems to be what I have been looking around for.

I would like to use it as the Ide for the Small Device C Compiler for the 8051, SDCC, which means writing plugins for compiling, debugging and program downloading.

I have tried to compile the beta2 sources without success so far using wxWidgets 2.4.2. Is codeblocks.cbp as shipped with the beta2 sources supposed to work properly?

When can I obtain the beta3 sources?

Have you compiled codeblocks with wxWidgets-2.5.3 yet?

Best regards.

Noel Diviney

Anonymous:
I think the last version of the source is in CVS. Just get the CVS instructions at :

http://codeblocks.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectSource#commandlinecvs

On a side note, I tried to compile the beta 2 version, both with 2.4.2 and 2.5.3, without success.

mandrav:
Yes, it's probably better to get the sources from CVS.
When you check out the source code, there are makefiles provided for win32 (Makefile) and Unix (Makefile.unix). The unix makefile has been checked and succesfully compiles under Linux (tried with debian and gentoo).
To compile under win32, issue "make" followed by "make update".
To compile under unix, issue "make -f Makefile.unix" followed by "make -f Makefile.unix update"
For "make update" to work under win32, you need the "zip" command in your path (get it here).

Notes for unix compiling: It currently only works with gtk2 and the Makefile.unix provided is configured for it. I hope this will change in the future , when someone contributes a fix ;)

Finally, I just recently switched codeblocks to wxWidgets 2.4.2. The next version will be released real soon now (before Christmas) and will probably be the current CVS version.

After this release, I will see what it takes to compile it with wxWidgets 2.5.x and if the project will gain anything by doing so...

HTH,
Yiannis :)

mandrav:
I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but here are two *very* important notes for succesful compiling:

- You need to build wxWidgets as a DLL.
- You also need to build contrib/stc and contrib/xrc from wxWidgets distribution.

Yiannis.

divner:
Hi Yiannis.

Many thanks for your prompt response. I have checked out the sources from CVS and I am now working on getting a successful compile. I seem to have problems with unresolved externals associated with the DLL version of STC from wxWidgets-2.4.2. Interestingly I have problems with both GCC and VC++6.00. Have you got STC from 2.4.2 working?.

By the way I have been making changes to the VC++ .dsp files to make them more immune to different environments ie relative paths for includes and libs. When I am done I can feed these back if you wish.

Best regards.

Noel Diviney

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version