Author Topic: Targets  (Read 14717 times)

Lexx

Targets
« on: June 07, 2005, 02:15:34 pm »
Hi!

I use 5 build targets in my project. (Debug, release, release P4, release Athlon, Editor). And i have many subprojects (Editor, render, script, SoundEngine, Animations ... ) All config using the same sources. All target using diff. wx build and another 3rd part libs. With other IDE-s (MinGW Studio and Chinook) i can set build targets. Ok. Code::Blocks has same function. In the Build options->Select Target dialog i can only one select as main. ("This target provides the project's main executable").

I meant Code::Blocks using the Build targets as "subprojects" not as build targets (as in Visual Studio or MinGW studio or others).
Technically it's possible make diff. targets but how using in this fall the debugger? If i click run program, start the Code::Blocks the right executable or start the executable was set as "main executable"?

I meant the subprojects and build targets should be different. Build targets can have many subprojects.

Thanks

Lexx

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Targets
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 06:25:31 pm »
("This target provides the project's main executable").

This denotes that the specific target is selected by default when pressing "Run" and the "All" virtual target is selected.

The rest of what you wrote I didn't fully understand. Care to elaborate?

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Lexx

Targets
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 10:30:05 am »
Ok, sorry for my poor english....

I have one projects (Game develop), to make one exe. I have 5 build target for this exe. (Editor, debug, Release, P4 optimised and Athlon optimised).  With this have no problem i have Code::Blocks configured quick (ok, i have with texteditor the settings copied and edited).
My problem is: I have subprojects (to make libs) in my projects. (Render, Script, AI, Editor, Sound, and game special...). We using special builds from wxWidgets (debug, unicode, optimised: p3, p4 and athlon). To make all this configuration we need 25 "build target" with Code::Blocks. With M$Visual studio we need 1 solution with 5 subprojects and 5 build targets.
The subproject is for the target directories and included files and target exe, dll or lib.
The build targets is for the compiler, linker options.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
Targets
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 10:45:53 am »
To make all this configuration we need 25 "build target" with Code::Blocks. With M$Visual studio we need 1 solution with 5 subprojects and 5 build targets.

With C::B, you can do the same: 1 workspace (a.k.a. solution) with 5 projects and 5 build targets.
I guess you didn't know that you can have more than one project open? And that these can be grouped in a workspace?

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Lexx

Targets
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 11:10:29 am »
Sorry i didn't know. I have all the documentation, faq read, but this feature has "hidden" for me....
Now i know the workspace has own settings.

Thanks...

Lexx

Targets
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
Oh, one minor question: The build order is the order in project tree?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
Targets
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 12:58:11 pm »
Quote from: Lexx
Oh, one minor question: The build order is the order in project tree?

Right. "Compile->Compile all projects" uses the same order.
You can re-order the projects at any time by selecting one and pressing Ctrl-Shift-Up/Down, or using the menu "Compile->Project tree->Move project up/down"

Yiannis.
Be patient!