Author Topic: Suggestion: add "save editting file before run" opition for tools  (Read 3782 times)

Offline batwings

• Single posting newcomer
Suggestion: add "save editting file before run" opition for tools
« on: September 17, 2006, 05:21:00 am »
Is it possible to add "Save active editor file before run" opition each tool setting separately?

There is the feature to add user defined tools to C::B from tools->Configure tools->Add.

But when we launch the tool from the tools->"tool name", it launched without save the active editor file even ${ACTIVE_EDITOR_FILENAME} is set as parameter to execute the tool.

It is expected to save current active file before run it when ${ACTIVE_EDITOR_FILENAME} is used as parameter to execute the tool.
For example, I added "WinMerge" in the tools list I have added, and am to launch it with current editting file to another file I want to compare with. It will be very much help if the current actived file is saved before WinMerge is launched if I have the opition ON for "WinMerge" during configuration.

This is NOT must have feature for C::B because we can develop plug-in to enrich C:B for every demmand but this can be very convient way to integrate many existed tools in a simplest method.
 :)

Thanks.

Offline kidmosey

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • MUSITU International
Re: Suggestion: add "save editting file before run" opition for tools
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:42:06 am »
it would be hard to get out of the habit of hitting ctrl+s before running a command, though. ;)
3 years until google knows more than god.

Offline batwings

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Suggestion: add "save editting file before run" opition for tools
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:34:49 pm »
I don't hit Ctrl+S any more with recent C::B nightly build - it is so stable now :-)