Author Topic: The 04 september 2006 build is out.  (Read 11881 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 04 september 2006 build is out.
« on: September 04, 2006, 09:25:43 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 04 September 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060904_rev2953_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060904_rev2953_Ubuntu6.06.deb
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060904_rev2953_fc4+5.rpm (not this time)
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/codeblocks_svn-2953-ubuntu_amd64.deb  (today's special ;-) )

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed small bug with toolbar sizes (in XP this time, doh)
  • When closing a project, remove all of its breakpoints from the debugger
  • Fixed display bug of debugger's tooltips, in rare cases (bug #8604)
  • Fixed wrong appearence of images under pre-XP windows versions. - For the above to work, the global function cbLoadBitmap() was added and every developer is encouraged to use this whenever a bitmap must be loaded from disk. I have already converted everything in the code to use this

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 07:38:00 am by killerbot »

Offline IoN_PuLse

• Single posting newcomer
    • My personal website
Re: The 04 september 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:45:03 pm »
First post in the C::B forums, just wanted to say that I've been using it for a while and really like it :) Thanks for all your hard work!

My question is with the newly added virtual folders. Is it possible to keep headers and source files together in a folder? Right now I can make some top-level folders and fill them up with .cpp and .h files but when I save and quit, then reload the workspace I am back to "Sources" and "Headers" with 2 copies of each folder I made within both of those top two folders. Is this the intended behaviour?

- EDIT -

Never mind, turning off "Categorize by file types" fixed it :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 09:52:35 pm by IoN_PuLse »

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 09:56:44 pm »
My question is with the newly added virtual folders. Is it possible to keep headers and source files together in a folder? Right now I can make some top-level folders and fill them up with .cpp and .h files but when I save and quit, then reload the workspace I am back to "Sources" and "Headers" with 2 copies of each folder I made within both of those top two folders. Is this the intended behaviour?

- EDIT -

Never mind, turning off "Categorize by file types" fixed it :)
I know that you can turn off the "Categorize by file types", but I wish it would leave the virtual folder exactly where I created them in the project tree. You can do what is done for the real folders, but the virtual ones I would like to be left alone. This is just a time saver, but I think it would be useful.

Is this possible?

Thanks.
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline zerotri

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 02:59:34 am »
okay, two comments:
1) The RSS file hasn't been updated as of 5:53 Pacific Standard Time.
2) I am getting an Error when trying to run today's build:
"The procedure entry point _Z22LoadPNGWindows2000HackRK8wxString could not be located in the dynamic link library codeblocks.dll."
I'm going to try updating all of the other DLLs available, but I doubt this will make a difference. has anybody else gotten this error?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 07:37:20 am »
okay, two comments:
1) The RSS file hasn't been updated as of 5:53 Pacific Standard Time.
2) I am getting an Error when trying to run today's build:
"The procedure entry point _Z22LoadPNGWindows2000HackRK8wxString could not be located in the dynamic link library codeblocks.dll."
I'm going to try updating all of the other DLLs available, but I doubt this will make a difference. has anybody else gotten this error?

rss was updated but not uploaded :-(  fixed now

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 08:46:00 am »

Sounds like an older plugin that was not updated to last night's version. This function was changed in this version...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

PMike

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 09:05:24 am »
I've noticed that CB wastes some useful horisontal space in Project Manager and in Symbol Browser.
Is it possible to remove [ + ] sign for top-level tree items?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 09:54:17 am »
Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed wrong appearence of images under pre-XP windows versions. - For the above to work, the global function cbLoadBitmap() was added and every developer is encouraged to use this whenever a bitmap must be loaded from disk. I have already converted everything in the code to use this
C::B it becomes more user friendly every day.
It is better then yesterday but less good than tomorrow.
I can't wait tomorrow  :)

Thank you very much to the whole C::B team  :D

McClean

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 02:56:59 pm »
Hi, im using Code::Blocks since a while and i love it! Thanks for your hard work!

I have a small question: is it possible (with a trick?) to use the subversion plugin with the nightly builds?

This would be very helpful....

Offline Phatency

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 04:08:29 pm »
I've noticed that CB wastes some useful horisontal space in Project Manager and in Symbol Browser.
Is it possible to remove [ + ] sign for top-level tree items?

What's the point of showing "Workspace" as the top-level item anyway? It's supposed to manage projects, isn't it? There's no way to load two workspaces at the same time anyway.

Offline zerotri

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 05:20:11 am »
well, it turns out that the error isn't being caused by any coding problems(of course, I doubt that it would be)
so, I tried to do a clean 'installation' of the Sept 4th nightly, and it turns out that I don't have permission to write to/delete the file codeblocks.exe...yet I cannot figure out what program would be stopping me from doing this. so I created a new folder in my Program Files, called 'Code Blocks', and everything works perfectly fine now. thanks for providing us with such a great open source IDE  :D