Author Topic: Custom compiling commands?  (Read 3906 times)

Poobah

Custom compiling commands?
« on: August 30, 2006, 12:45:12 pm »
I've been trying for hours to make Code::Blocks compile resource scripts with MSVC, but use MinGW for everything else. Working out a working command to execute wasn't bad, but getting Code::Blocks to do it certainly is! I simply can't get Code::Blocks to use custom compiling commands. I've even tried settings the resource script compiling command to simply echo the macros beginning with $ to a program that prints them to the screen, and for some annoying reason, the macros aren't even being expanded.

Now, it seems that whatever I edit the "Compile Win32 resource file" command to in Settings->Compiler and Debugger->Other->Advanced, Code::Blocks decides that it will never expand the macros in it again! Now I'm getting idiotic errors such 'Execution of $rescomp [etc] failed'.

EDIT: Ok, I worked out a way to make it work again. It seems that I had typed "windres" rather than "WINDRES" in the "Compiler variable" section of the advanced tab of the resource file's properties. Sorry.

EDIT 2: Now it seems that with multi-line build steps (when more than one line is specified in the command-line macro text box), Code::Blocks doesn't wait for the first command to finish before starting the second one.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 01:00:18 pm by Poobah »