Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

New third-party plugins

(1/5) > >>

mandrav:
Although many of you might have noticed, I just wanted to let people now about some new plugins under development.

In the C::B CVS tree, a new folder has been added: src/plugins/contrib.
In there you will find plugins that are maintained by their authors.
Currently we have three plugins in there:

Help plugin
A plugin contributed and maintained by bourricot. It adds user-defined menu entries in the Help menu and context keyword searching for the word under the caret (in the editor's popup menu). It works with .HLP and .CHM files for the moment.
Time-saver :)

DevPak installer/updater plugin
This plugin is contributed and maintained by me. It supports installing/updating Dev-C++ DevPaks. It can work in cached mode, meaning that no active internet connection is needed to browse the DevPaks database (assuming you have connected at least once, so it's cached).
I have made it fully compatible with PackMan.exe (from Dev-C++) so you can use either PackMan or the plugin. They both "see" the same database :)
And, of course, you have the ability to configure where the DevPaks will be installed, so you can point it to the Dev-C++ dir and when you install a DevPak in, say, Dev-C++, Code::Blocks is updated too and vice-versa ;)

wxSmith - The RAD editor plugin
Contributed and maintained by byo. With so many threads/posts about it in this forum, you can't have missed it ;)

Yiannis.

byo:

--- Quote from: mandrav ---
DevPak installer/updater plugin
This plugin is contributed and maintained by me. It supports installing/updating Dev-C++ DevPaks. It can work in cached mode, meaning that no active internet connection is needed to browse the DevPaks database (assuming you have connected at least once, so it's cached).
I have made it fully compatible with PackMan.exe (from Dev-C++) so you can use either PackMan or the plugin. They both "see" the same database :)
And, of course, you have the ability to configure where the DevPaks will be installed, so you can point it to the Dev-C++ dir and when you install a DevPak in, say, Dev-C++, Code::Blocks is updated too and vice-versa ;)

--- End quote ---

I've lookeed into this plugin already and have one notice: Through DevPak You can update Dev-C++. Will there be same option for C::B (maybe new packs server :D).

mandrav:
Yes, I guess if it proves stable enough, we can start releasing updates through it, using our own devpak server.

Yiannis.

takeshimiya:
And when that time arrives I strongly recommend using a binary diff patcher like xdelta (very efficient).

I've made a basic GUI for xdelta1: http://kaze-fansub.com.ar/basura/takeshimiya/wxdelta-2005.05.17-distrib-win32.rar

xdelta 1 is opensource and it's tested on windows and linux.
xdelta 2 & 3 are are opensource and only tested in linux.

I have only tried xdelta 1 and is good enough for this purpose, I have yet to try the new versions as they are more better.

Regards,
Takeshi Miya

Bourricot:

--- Quote from: mandrav on May 27, 2005, 10:31:47 pm ---Help plugin
A plugin contributed and maintained by bourricot. It adds user-defined menu entries in the Help menu and context keyword searching for the word under the caret (in the editor's popup menu). It works with .HLP and .CHM files for the moment.
Time-saver :)

--- End quote ---

I think the real maintener is now Ceniza.  I have expected to have more free time but that was only a dream, and i have  no more net at home  :(.
 But good news, Ceniza is doing a better job than me   :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version