Author Topic: crashes after --clear-configuration  (Read 7381 times)

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
crashes after --clear-configuration
« on: May 27, 2005, 04:59:52 pm »
a short description, what i've done
(i hope i can remember all step's ;-)

i worked on customizing a new compiler set for
IAR Hitachi H8 compilers, which i got working.

when i edited the regexes for error's and warning's,
i deleted some of the for the IAR toolchain irrelevant
error entries, so that only compiler error & warnings
and linker errors have been left.

all worked as expected after a while.

BUT !!!
later i switched to another project, which is using the
GCC toolchain and  i took notice, that even in this compiler
configuration the error & warning entries,
which i wanted to delete only for the IAR toolchain, were deleted !

damned i thought, and exported the registry entries for the
newly created IAR toolchain

and fired up C::B with --clear-configuration

that was not very wise ! ;-)

after that, C::B crashed at each start with a GPF, this could only be resolved with a procedure, described a few times by others here in the forum, namely
by installing C::B 1.0 beta final, and starting the src\devel version with the debugger and then run an update.bat

from this time on, C::B from the src\output could be run without crash again, but it nags me everytime during startup, to acknowledge which compiler should be the default compiler.
It doesn't remember my choice during subsequent restarts.

Where is this info stored ? can i manually add a registry entry to suppress this dialog box at each start of C::B

in the registry there exists in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Code::Blocks\Code::Blocks v1.0\compiler_gcc
DWORD default_compiler = 0x00

but it seem's not to be right entry ?

thanks
--tiwag

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 06:27:51 pm »
after that, C::B crashed at each start with a GPF

Just fixed it in CVS.

from this time on, C::B from the src\output could be run without crash again, but it nags me everytime during startup, to acknowledge which compiler should be the default compiler.
It doesn't remember my choice during subsequent restarts.

I tested it and I can't reproduce this.
Keep in mind that the window showing at startup listing the detected compilers, is only shown if the auto-detection is ran. Not to select the default compiler but to show you the results of its auto-detection.
If it keeps appearing, it means that at least one compiler has a blank master path setting...

can i manually add a registry entry to suppress this dialog box at each start of C::B

As said, make sure all compilers have their master path set (yes, even those you don't have installed).

in the registry there exists in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Code::Blocks\Code::Blocks v1.0\compiler_gcc
DWORD default_compiler = 0x00

This is the compiler's index. '0' is GCC.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 07:15:41 pm »
Quote from: mandrav

Keep in mind that the window showing at startup listing the detected compilers, is only shown if the auto-detection is ran. Not to select the default compiler but to show you the results of its auto-detection.
If it keeps appearing, it means that at least one compiler has a blank master path setting
As said, make sure all compilers have their master path set (yes, even those you don't have installed).

thanks,
the missing master-path was causing it ,
the ever appearing default compiler dialogue is solved now !

the only thing left is the mysterious deleting of regex strings of another compiler than the selected one. it must have to do something with the sometimes not properly working of the workspace saving and/or modified project saving.
Also during several editing sessions of the error/warning regexes, i had to scroll up/down in the list of regexes, until the last modification was taken as modified and stored in the registry.
If i only modify one regex (e.g. linker error) and press OK button, it isn't updated, but when i select another entry in the listbox after modifying the linker error (eg. compiler error) and then again select the linker error, it shows me the updated regex and stores it also in the registry after pressing the OK button.

Something mysterious is happening, when deleting regexes complete from the listbox, and NOT editing anything, but i didn't test it complete, because i have to work right now with the H8 hitachi project, my customer want's to have a working embedded system on monday morning ;-)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 08:09:49 pm »
the only thing left is the mysterious deleting of regex strings of another compiler than the selected one.

I 'm looking at it right now ;)

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 09:35:05 pm »
If i only modify one regex (e.g. linker error) and press OK button, it isn't updated, but when i select another entry in the listbox after modifying the linker error (eg. compiler error) and then again select the linker error, it shows me the updated regex and stores it also in the registry after pressing the OK button.

Yes, this is a bug and was just fixed in CVS.

the only thing left is the mysterious deleting of regex strings of another compiler than the selected one. it must have to do something with the sometimes not properly working of the workspace saving and/or modified project saving.

This, I can't reproduce. I tried everything. If you find a way to reproduce it, please post it...

Yiannis.
Be patient!