Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

WARNING: Major interface breaking CVS changes

(1/5) > >>

mandrav:
I just commited in CVS some changes that might interest some people, especially plugin writers.

Here's the commit log:

--- Quote ---* Converted from MDI to wxNotebook :)
* Note to plugin developers: Manager::Get()->GetAppWindow() now returns a wxFrame as opposed to wxMDIParentFrame. Also, EditorBase is now a wxPanel instead of wxMDIChildFrame.
* Added two new SDK events: EVT_APP_STARTUP_DONE (fires when app finished loading) and EVT_APP_START_SHUTDOWN (fires just before app starts shutting down).
* Added "Start here" page with common tasks (can be disabled in env. settings).
--- End quote ---

I hope everyone is pleased now ;)

Yiannis.

byo:
Hi, as I've noticed, currently only my wxSmith plugin has some problems with these changes.

I have some problems with addopting to new editor system - something is going wrong with sizers. It changes size of editor's area properly but position seems to be always set to left of client area in main C::B widow. Compiling but yet not fuly compatible version is in CVS.

And there's one thing missing (I thing) - there should be close window button somewhere in the toolbar because MDI one has been removed ;)

mandrav:

--- Quote ---And there's one thing missing (I thing) - there should be close window button somewhere in the toolbar because MDI one has been removed
--- End quote ---

OK :)
In the meantime you can use Ctrl-W

I will compile wxSmith later and see if I can help you. Please commit any updates you did for the new system.

Yiannis.

byo:
Yep, I've found bug - used Main app window instead of EditorManager::GetNotebook()

--- Quote ---In the meantime you can use Ctrl-W
--- End quote ---

Seems not to work close option disabled (guess this is available for default editors only)

rickg22:
Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I ought to look into this. Anyway
(start daydream) I wish there  could be a "close button" on every tab, like in Shareaza.
* Update: Wait a minute! Shareaza USES wxWidgets! :o So there MUST be a way, huh?
(end daydream)

Anyway, does ctrl-f4 work?

Oh, Yiannis - thanks a lot for the interface changes (haven't looked at them tho). Now I can work on the EditorBase changes I had planned :)

P.S. Do you think that with this change to notebook we can work on the wx2.6 conversion now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version