Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

I can help with C::B with cross platforms.

(1/5) > >>

Paco.Blasco:
Hi all:

I'm developing in Windows/Linux/OSX, and I use now C::B in with Windows/MinGW/wx. Now I'm using Eclipse in OSX, but I will prefer C::B...thinking in the posibility of create a project to compile the same code in all platforms (one code, one editor, multiple OS - OCEOMOS?? :) ).
For OSX I have a MacMini (PPC) and a MacBookPro (Intel), and I see that the SVN code fails....
Now I'm trying to compile using the GTK/X11 with fink (I want tC::B on OSX NOW!!!), and I'm solving some issues.
Can I help you to develop C::B.

My first thing:

Revision:2804
File: src/src/app.cpp
Line: 644
Code:
wxString CodeBlocksApp::GetAppPath() const
{
    wxString base;
#ifdef __WXMSW__
    wxChar name[MAX_PATH] = {0};
    GetModuleFileName(0L, name, MAX_PATH);
    wxFileName fname(name);
    base = fname.GetPath(wxPATH_GET_VOLUME);
#elif defined(__WXMAC__)
   // TODO: get the path
   base = _T(".");
#else
    if (!m_Prefix.IsEmpty())
        return m_Prefix;

// SELFPATH is a macro from prefix.h (binreloc)
    // it returns the absolute filename of us
    // similar to win32 GetModuleFileName()...
    base = wxString(SELFPATH,wxConvUTF8);
    base = wxFileName(base).GetPath();
   if (base.IsEmpty())
      base = _T(".");
#endif
    return base;
}

On WXGTK there are two "base = ...". The first one it is failed on my compilation on OSX/GTK/X11.
I've commented it to avoid the error (in fact can be a "forgotten" line, ain't? )

Thx.

mandrav:

--- Quote ---On WXGTK there are two "base = ...". The first one it is failed on my compilation on OSX/GTK/X11.
I've commented it to avoid the error (in fact can be a "forgotten" line, ain't? )
--- End quote ---

No, it "ain't a forgotten line" :).
What's strange is why you land there. Isn't __WXMAC__ defined?  :shock:

Paco.Blasco:
I don't have __WXMAC__ defined because C::B requires wxPopuWindow and that wxClass is not supported by WXMAC, so, I'm using fink and I compile wxWidgets with GTK. So i'm defining "WXGTK".
First I want to have a C::B working right (I probed the PPC version, but it have a lot of problems with the window layout).
And then to begin to work with WXMAC.

mandrav:
OK, you should know better. I have no clue about MACs :P

The binreloc library (which defines the SELFPATH symbol), is conditionally enabled in src/src/Makefile.am.

--- Code: ---if CODEBLOCKS_LINUX
AM_CPPFLAGS = -DENABLE_BINRELOC -DAPP_PREFIX="\"@prefix@\""
endif

--- End code ---

You can make it unconditional and see if it works right...

Paco.Blasco:
I suppose that binreloc should work on MAC (OS X is called Darwin and it is BSD with a nice GUI and JFS, basically).
My question is: one of the lines of "base = ... " must be removed (in fact, the first line is not used.....)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version