Author Topic: Errors getting source  (Read 4049 times)

goat

Errors getting source
« on: August 02, 2006, 02:44:01 am »
I have been looking for a non-MSVS IDE for windows, and I want to try Code::Blocks, but I haven't been able to download the source yet.

I have installed TortiseSVN and I am trying to checkout code from the berliOS SVN repository using anonymous HTTP [http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/codeblocks/trunk](I'm behind a proxy and using the regular SVN address won't get through). Tortise downloads about 20k worth of code before I get the following error:
Code
Error: Working copy '(local path)\codeblocks-head' locked  
Error: Please execute the "Cleanup" command. 
When I excecute "cleanup", totriseSVN tells me that the command completed but I still don't have any files in the directory other than a .svn directory that seems to hold stuff that is just realated to SVN and not Code::Blocks.

I guess that leaves me with two questions: is itpossible to check out source from the SVN repositry over anonymous HTTP? If so, are other people having problems with checking out code or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

sethjackson

Re: Errors getting source
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 03:22:19 am »
I have been looking for a non-MSVS IDE for windows, and I want to try Code::Blocks, but I haven't been able to download the source yet.

I have installed TortiseSVN and I am trying to checkout code from the berliOS SVN repository using anonymous HTTP [http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/codeblocks/trunk](I'm behind a proxy and using the regular SVN address won't get through). Tortise downloads about 20k worth of code before I get the following error:
Code
Error: Working copy '(local path)\codeblocks-head' locked  
Error: Please execute the "Cleanup" command. 
When I excecute "cleanup", totriseSVN tells me that the command completed but I still don't have any files in the directory other than a .svn directory that seems to hold stuff that is just realated to SVN and not Code::Blocks.

I guess that leaves me with two questions: is itpossible to check out source from the SVN repositry over anonymous HTTP? If so, are other people having problems with checking out code or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

I check out Anonymously (through HTTP) all the time using TortoiseSVN. Try deleting the codeblocks-head directory, creating it (the directory) again a re-checking out. :)

goat

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 04:03:31 am »
I tried doing that several times with no luck. I get the same error.

One thing that I forgot to include is that I am not only behind a proxy, but a cache server too. My company uses squid to proxy/cache the HTTP traffic and it doesn't let a single packet reach my computer until the download has been completed and scanned for malicious components

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:54:25 pm »

One thing that I forgot to include is that I am not only behind a proxy, but a cache server too. My company uses squid to proxy/cache the HTTP traffic and it doesn't let a single packet reach my computer until the download has been completed and scanned for malicious components

Hmm that could be it. Did you try checking out via SVN instead of HTTP?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:12:17 pm »

Hmm that could be it.
That is almost certainly it.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."