User forums > Using Code::Blocks

OpenWatcom compiler support?

(1/4) > >>

ybx:
How to add OpenWatcom C/C++ (www.openwatcom.org) tools to supported ones? OW are rather fast cross-platform C and C++ compilers with smart documentation and features and a separate cool debuger. WxWidgets 6 supports that compiler as well.

rickg22:
cool! Where can we get the docs for 'em?

Anonymous:
http://downloads.openwatcom.org/ftp/open-watcom-win32-1.3.exe

it is Win32 installation (includes full documentation).
Actually you may ask me questions via e-mail.

OpenWatcom is free and open source, linux-support is now under development.
It has MS VC++ utilities clones (like cl.exe nmake etc.) but it's better to use native WCC386, WPP386 compilers or WCL386 compile and link utility (like G++ in GNU C++)...

Debugger support is not needed into the IDE because it has a separate comfortable GUI debugger and as far as I know it's impossible to use it as a service or via pipe etc. lile GDB.

Thanks for your attention! I'd be really happy when Code::Blocks supports OW.

rickg22:
Well, I'm not very much into compiler support (Yiannis is the expert), but I'm sure that with a good documentation on each program (compiler, linker, resource compiler, etc)'s command line, we could make good support for them.

Hey, maybe YOU can do it! Codeblocks supports adding *custom* compilers. On the compiler settings, when you select a compiler, there's a button that says "add". You then pick the compiler you believe resembles the most to yours.

Then go to the advanced settings, etc.

Anonymous:
The thing is that the compiler's WLIB (archive) utility needs a response file contaning the names of the object files to include. And the compilers create *.err files for every source which caused WARNINGs or ERRORs during compilation (however they also display error messages to STDOUT)...

Compiler's WMAKE utility has support for autodependency info placed by the compilers into .obj files...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version