Author Topic: icon in win2k  (Read 10555 times)

Lf3T-Hn4D

icon in win2k
« on: May 23, 2005, 12:39:18 pm »
Hi,
Code::Blocks rocks. It's the only best thing I could find that supports the free VC++ Toolkit. I tried the beta 7 release and was very impressed. Then I noticed the new beta final release and upgraded and I noticed the icon changed. :)

The problem is, it looks crappy in win2k(Alpha transparency problem. Win2K don't support Alpha transparency). I suspect most ppl here are using winXP so they don't notice this. Hope this can be fixed for the next release.

Keep up the good work devs! ;)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
icon in win2k
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 07:25:03 pm »
Hey... i got an idea. Maybe we can create a non-transparent icon and set the appropriate resource depending on whether we're using win2k or not. After all, we use the resources to load the icons, right?

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
icon in win2k
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 10:20:58 am »
Still about icons/buttons graphics - maybe someone could try to write a plugin for managing themes? :P
this space is for rent

Lf3T-Hn4D

icon in win2k
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 05:08:38 pm »
rickg22: yeah. that would work for the icon of the window. But it wouldn't work for the quicklaunch icon.

squizzz: Code::Blocks looks as good as it is now. IMHO, besides, this is a IDE for compiling stuff, why all the trouble to make it look fancy? I rather have a better working tool set than themes. :P

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
icon in win2k
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 06:40:48 pm »
Sure, it's absolutely unnecessary stuff, but... geeez, there is such nice icon set (XP Theme*) in Dev-C++... It's actually the only thing (except great update module of course) that I miss after I switched to C::B :mrgreen:

Greetz :mrgreen:

* mistake, should be "New Look" theme =)
this space is for rent

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
icon in win2k
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 10:47:33 pm »
It's actually the only thing (except great update module of course) that I miss after I switched to C::B

Well, tomorrow (time permitting) the devpak update/installer plugin will be added in CVS and soon it will be provided as an add-on ;)

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
icon in win2k
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 11:09:13 pm »
Quote from: squizzz
Sure, it's absolutely unnecessary stuff, but... geeez, there is such nice icon set (XP Theme) in Dev-C++... It's actually the only thing (except great update module of course) that I miss after I switched to C::B :mrgreen:

Greetz :mrgreen:

You mean the icons used in the TOOLBAR?

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
icon in win2k
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 06:18:23 pm »
Quote from: Yiannis
Well, tomorrow (time permitting) the devpak update/installer plugin will be added in CVS and soon it will be provided as an add-on Wink

Just can't wait. C::B will rock even more! ;)

Quote from: rickg22
You mean the icons used in the TOOLBAR?

I meant whole "New Look" theme (screenshot) made by Gerard Caulfield - yup, toolbar & stuff (not the system icons). It looks cute, isn't it? :D
this space is for rent

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
icon in win2k
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 06:26:00 pm »
AFAIK the only thing changed in the theme were the menu background color and the icons in the menus / toolbars. Am I mistaken?

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
icon in win2k
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 06:35:55 pm »
Quote from: rickg22
AFAIK the only thing changed in the theme were the menu background color and the icons in the menus / toolbars. Am I mistaken?

Yes, you are right, it affects only interface (toolbar/menus/compiler tabs/project tree) icons and background color. Nothing more.
this space is for rent