User forums > Using Code::Blocks

icon in win2k

(1/2) > >>

Lf3T-Hn4D:
Hi,
Code::Blocks rocks. It's the only best thing I could find that supports the free VC++ Toolkit. I tried the beta 7 release and was very impressed. Then I noticed the new beta final release and upgraded and I noticed the icon changed. :)

The problem is, it looks crappy in win2k(Alpha transparency problem. Win2K don't support Alpha transparency). I suspect most ppl here are using winXP so they don't notice this. Hope this can be fixed for the next release.

Keep up the good work devs! ;)

rickg22:
Hey... i got an idea. Maybe we can create a non-transparent icon and set the appropriate resource depending on whether we're using win2k or not. After all, we use the resources to load the icons, right?

squizzz:
Still about icons/buttons graphics - maybe someone could try to write a plugin for managing themes? :P

Lf3T-Hn4D:
rickg22: yeah. that would work for the icon of the window. But it wouldn't work for the quicklaunch icon.

squizzz: Code::Blocks looks as good as it is now. IMHO, besides, this is a IDE for compiling stuff, why all the trouble to make it look fancy? I rather have a better working tool set than themes. :P

squizzz:
Sure, it's absolutely unnecessary stuff, but... geeez, there is such nice icon set (XP Theme*) in Dev-C++... It's actually the only thing (except great update module of course) that I miss after I switched to C::B :mrgreen:

Greetz :mrgreen:

* mistake, should be "New Look" theme =)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version