Author Topic: ld.exe:: cannot find -lwxcore26  (Read 7543 times)

msk4web

ld.exe:: cannot find -lwxcore26
« on: July 18, 2006, 01:51:38 pm »

This is my first time using wxWidget and I need help. When I try to compilin a simple application I recive this message error:

:: === testests, Debug ===
:: === Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===

I download and install wxWidgets-2.6.3.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: ld.exe:: cannot find -lwxcore26
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 02:21:25 pm »
Thze linker cannot link agains the wxcore26 library. You have to provide the linker the path where this library is.

I download and install wxWidgets-2.6.3.
What does that mean? If you just downloaded and "installed" wxWidgets than you usually now have the source code on your HDD to build the wxWidgets libraries yourself. Please search the forum / WiKi for the steps how to do so. I don't know if there are "binary" installers for wxWidgets that supply already compiled libraries for target OS'es, too. If so, make sure they are compatible with you compiler / OS. Then add the path of the (sub-) directory to the libs to your linker path's in the project or target options.

With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 02:28:26 pm »
I don't know if there are "binary" installers for wxWidgets that supply already compiled libraries for target OS'es, too.
No there are no binary installers for wxWidgets
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 02:39:37 pm »
I don't know if there are "binary" installers for wxWidgets that supply already compiled libraries for target OS'es, too.
No there are no binary installers for wxWidgets

there are several wxwidgets binary devpaks primarily for usage with wxDevCPP :D

msk4web

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 07:22:25 pm »
I set all the paths, it include the files with no problem, but there is no lwxcore26.a in the lib folder where wx is instaled, and I didnt find it.
Then I try to search the internet but no thing about this problem.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 07:47:23 pm »
there is no lwxcore26.a in the lib folder where wx is instaled
The linker option "-lwxcore26" means "link" the library {lib}wxcore26{.a/.lib} for the linker. Thus you librarie's name could be one of the following:
  • - wxcore26.a
  • - libwxcore26.a
  • - wxcore26.lib
  • - libwxcore26.lib
This depends on the compiler, for MinGW I believe all is possible - the compiler will pick the right one for you. So please search for this library inside the folder with your wxWidgets installation.

Anyway: You haven't answered yet what wxWidgets package you have downloaded. If you downloaded the package from wxWidgets.org then you'll have no ninaries (libs) at all ynd you have to build them first. So my question is: Where did you get what wxWidgets distro for what platform and what compiler?

With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

msk4web

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 06:41:04 am »
I install them from DevC++ devpaks.org

In lib folder don't find any thing tha have the word core, but there is a file called: libwx_msw-2.6.a

This is the description of the download I found in the package:

This is wxWidgets 2.6.1 static stable. It was compiled from source against gcc 3.4.2 (dev-c++ 4.9.9.2), with "./configure --prefix=c:/Dev-Cpp --enable-monolithic --disable-shared --disable-mslu --with-opengl --with-odbc". Please note that unicode is disabled in this build.

The package is based on wxWidgets package from upcase.de, except it was compiled from source against Dev-C++'s mingw system. It also contains template copied from Upcase's devpak. Additionally it contains most of the samples (in Examples directory) with dev-c++'s project files for them

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 06:45:39 am »
libwx_msw-2.6.a is the file you want. Replace -lwxcore26 with -lwx_msw-2.6 and try again.

Personally, I'd rename the library file to libwxmsw26.a and add it as -lwxmsw26 to the linker libraries. It's just a matter of taste :)

msk4web

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 03:29:08 pm »
I use libwx_msw-2.6.a and the I fund 27 erros (undefined reference to).

MortenMacFly say that if I download the files from wxwidget sit I need to compile it. I need any clue from where to start, or if there is another site I can download wxwidget for codeblocks.

mdelfede

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 04:26:52 pm »
I use libwx_msw-2.6.a and the I fund 27 erros (undefined reference to).

MortenMacFly say that if I download the files from wxwidget sit I need to compile it. I need any clue from where to start, or if there is another site I can download wxwidget for codeblocks.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows  (for windows)

Btw, there is a nice 'search' button in forum....

Ciao

Max