Author Topic: Settings-Compiler deos not really configure all future projects  (Read 4902 times)

xo310

Hi,
Even if i change the compiler to VC++ toolkit the codeblocks will still insist on sarching for GCC and it wont compiler. The only solution is to set the compiler from "project-build options" which is tedious to do for every project you start new although ii dont have GCC installed and dont want to use it.
Is this a know issue?
Also I tohught that default settings of CodeBlock were stored somewhere in a xml files sort of, but could not find any.
Any help appreciated
thanks

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Settings-Compiler deos not really configure all future projects
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 10:14:22 pm »
It is very helpful to know what release you are using.

This is especially true in respect of your last inquiry, as the settings in RC2 are stored in the registry, whereas newer releases use an xml file.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

xo310

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:20:42 pm »
I am using 0RC2. I downloaded it from codeblocks site where it says it is the latest release

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 10:28:17 pm »
RC2 has known problems with setting a different default compiler. If I remember correctly (90% sure) then this was fixed a few months ago.

As said in my last post, RC2 saves its configuration to the Windows registry, therefore you will not find any config files.

You may want to try a nightly build, they are at least as stable as RC2 and offer by far better functionality in every respect. Make sure you delete the old installation before unpacking the nightly build, or else you may run into dll conflicts.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

xo310

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 10:33:21 pm »
thanks i am downloading the latest nightly build

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 12:14:14 am »
thanks i am downloading the latest nightly build

You won't regret it.
Nightly builds are really good  :D
Better than old RC2.