User forums > Help

Problem with codeblocks user settings path

(1/2) > >>

jahurtado:
When I run Codeblocks I receive this message:

'%USERPROFILE%/.Codeblocks' couldn't be created (error 3: ...)

I try to create this path manually but still the same message.

I test codeblocks on another cumputer without SP2 and work fine.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

rickg22:
Some Questions

- Do you log in with a limited account?
- Please open a DOS (command prompt) window and type "SET". Look for the 'USERPROFILE' environment variable. Is it set? (it SHOULD be!)
- Have you set any kind of SW restrictions, antivirus, etc that could make CB misbehave? Do you have the "data flag" set in your windows?

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: rickg22 ---Some Questions

- Do you log in with a limited account?
- Please open a DOS (command prompt) window and type "SET". Look for the 'USERPROFILE' environment variable. Is it set? (it SHOULD be!)
- Have you set any kind of SW restrictions, antivirus, etc that could make CB misbehave? Do you have the "data flag" set in your windows?
--- End quote ---

1. It s not a limited account.
2. Yes, user profile has properly setted.

3. Data flag? ...

Well, this computer doesn't not have any restrictions (I use an Administrator account). Even I could create that directory with:

mkdir "%USERPROFILE%"\.CodeBlocks
(quotes are needed)

Other applications (such gimp) can create their user directories on %USERPROFILE% without problems (even beginning with a dot character).

Is posible that the problem be that %USERPROFILE% doesn't place between quotes?

Thanks

mandrav:

--- Quote ---Is posible that the problem be that %USERPROFILE% doesn't place between quotes?
--- End quote ---

Nope:

--- Quote ---I test codeblocks on another cumputer without SP2 and work fine.
--- End quote ---

That's strange. You 're the first person to report something like it, and I use C::B daily (of course ;) ) in XP SP2 machines...

Yiannis.

jahurtado:

--- Quote from: mandrav ---
That's strange. You 're the first person to report something like it, and I use C::B daily (of course ;) ) in XP SP2 machines...

Yiannis.
--- End quote ---

Ok, I soved it, Some environment vars (a variable %HOME% that I was setted) caused the problem.

It's seems that if a HOME environment var is defined, it's used instead of USERPROFILE.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version