Author Topic: CB love  (Read 5629 times)

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
CB love
« on: June 23, 2006, 09:28:39 pm »
oh noooo.i was using DevCpp and then changed to CB,then i was using VC++8 EE but im again on CB.
How do you do that?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: CB love
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:00:22 pm »
 8) 8) 8) 8)

using linux  :mrgreen:

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 10:11:32 pm »
using linux  :mrgreen:

Yep.

C::B + Linux =  :D

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 10:52:28 pm »
CB is relly good i like it :D.nightly builds is super because im happy that tommorow will be next update. :D
you are doing a good job and dont forgot to work on it! 8) 8) thanks a lot.

Sorcerer

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 09:45:45 am »
My way of finding Codeblocks:

-VC6 later VC7 - used it for a long time ... brrr didn't know it better ;)
-Dev-CPP - great IDE, really liked this IDE

then i switched completely to Linux

- Anjuta - great, but there are some things I don't like so i searched again for a better IDE
- KDevelop - only looked short at it. Really don't like it. I hate this QT Interface especially the 90° turned tabs at the left. Don't know how to describe better, you may know what i mean.

- Eclipse  + CDT - Works really good, but slow and with a lot of RAM usage. Was the only alternative i found so far, that fit my needs and my whiches. But the Performance .... So also i continue using Eclipse i searched for a alternative.
It took a long time to find a IDE to replace Eclipse/CDT and finally someday i found Code:Blocks.
But now im really happy. Its a very great IDE, also there are some problems left, but its good to see that there is work in progress (often build from svn).
Don't want to use a other IDE anymore ;)

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 01:39:48 pm »
I started with much difrent IDE's, but never start actively coding. Now I am using C::B and I code much more ;)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

sethjackson

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 03:52:47 pm »
I started with much difrent IDE's, but never start actively coding. Now I am using C::B and I code much more ;)

Yeah same here.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 08:23:08 pm »
1. I started using Turbo C++ 'cause it was what we used in college at that time.
2. Later I found DJGPP so I started using Rhide (which was very similar) and stayed there for some time,
3. then I found MinGW with Dev-C++ which was my IDE of choice for a long time. I wasn't totally happy with Dev-C++ 'cause it had many bugs, so I was trying to find a good replacement for it.
4. I tried Visual-MinGW
5. and MinGW-Studio but those lacked many features, even though they were usable.
6. I also tried Eclipse with CDT but it was a mess to configure and use so I never really used it (it was also a resource hog thanks to Java (couldn't resist to name the reason why :))).
7. After a new wave searching for an IDE I found Code::Blocks. Now I think that search has finally ended with very pleasant results :)

7 IDE's in 6.5 years... not bad :P