Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Improving code completion to a usable state

<< < (2/2)

morteoh:
It would be nice if the completion wasnt dependent on case, if I have Object::Register, and I type "obje" it should show up in the completion box, also Object::regi should appear. Its kinda annoying ;-)

Also, I agree that you should look to Visual Assist X to see what should be implemented, it completely rocks. (MSVC.NET 2003 standard completion is also good).

- Morten

Profic:

--- Quote from: morteoh on July 27, 2005, 11:13:36 am ---It would be nice if the completion wasnt dependent on case, if I have Object::Register, and I type "obje" it should show up in the completion box, also Object::regi should appear. Its kinda annoying ;-)

--- End quote ---
Look in settings for code completition plug-in. There are checkbox names "case-sensitive match" (or similiar) and IS checked by default :)

morteoh:
Ooops, sorry ;-) (started using CB two hours ago) hehe.

One big thing though, is it possible to have it code-complete methods/macros/classes in ALL include paths? so that std::co would return std::cout.. the setting for GLOBAL include-dirs, doesn't really work, std::co gives me nothing, just std:: gives me std::__ioinit..

Also, when I use #include " is lists every file two times.. is it possible to change this?

Are the new proposed changes going to happen with the plugin already there, or are we talking a new project? I'm interested in coding some of this, since a good IDE with code-completion is one of the things i miss the most about Linux! :) (coming from MSVC.NET/Visual Assist X).

- Morten

rickg22:
Yiannis told me he'd be taking a break when he published RC1, so maybe he'll answer, maybe he won't ;-)

Code completion is an existing codeblocks plugin, but I haven't looked at the event handling code (the one where the interesting things happen). The problem here is that NOBODY but Yiannis has actually looked at the codecompletion's sourcecode, so we're kinda blind in here.

Anyone (including existing devs) is welcome to work on it :)

mandrav:
(somehow I must have missed this topic; I can't quite remember it...)

--- Quote ---Yiannis told me he'd be taking a break when he published RC1, so maybe he'll answer, maybe he won't
--- End quote ---
I 'm gonna be taking a 2-3 weeks long vacation starting some time next week, so I won't be available to answer questions. I hope you don't take it personal ;)

@morteoh:
Currently the parser only follows header files with an extension (.h;.hh;.hpp;.hxx). That's why you don't see the std namespace's classes. They 're not using an extension.
The new proposed changes are not going to happen, unless someone implements them ;)
Sorry, but I don't have the time for this. Some of the x-ryl669 suggestions are simpler, some are harder. The point is that someone needs to sit and implement them. I can fix bugs in this plugin, maybe even add some easy-to-add features but that's about it. The rest of the project needs my attention too and if I work on those suggestions I 'm not gonna have any free time for the rest...
That's the current situation, which of course may change in the future.
And, of course, my help to anyone willing to work on it is a given :)

Finally, my difficulty-rating on x-ryl669's questions:

1) easy to add
2) hard
3) already works
4) hard
5) easy
6) easy

Yiannis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version