Author Topic: Code completion plugin  (Read 17811 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Code completion plugin
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 05:17:37 pm »
After you open your project, try right-clicking the 'Symbols' tree item (in the 'Symbols' tab) and clicking 'Re-parse now'...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 06:39:56 pm »
It does work, I just thought it wasn't.  It turns out it doesn't put classes from the external files in the class browser.  Thanks for all the help and thanks to Mandrav for the great IDE.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 07:53:00 pm »
It does work, I just thought it wasn't.  It turns out it doesn't put classes from the external files in the class browser.  Thanks for all the help and thanks to Mandrav for the great IDE.

Heheh, just thinking of what the symbols tree would look like if all the parsed symbols were in there, makes me shiver :P

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 08:18:14 pm »
You could as well post a config option, and I don't know, maybe add it in "external classes" ?

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 08:26:25 pm »
Question, is there a way to make the code completion plugin understand inheritance?  Take orge for example.  I create a variable of the scene SceneNode type, which is a subclass of Node.  The Node class has the SetOrientation method, but SceneNode doesn't.  Yet, if I have "smart sense" on it doesn't know that it should also display Node's methods, if I am working with a subclass like SceneNode.

Is there a way I can fix this?  It seems the class browser understands inheritance, can we make "smart sense" do the same?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 08:41:25 pm »
Is there a way I can fix this?  It seems the class browser understands inheritance, can we make "smart sense" do the same?

It does support inheritance (that's what SmartSense is anyway). If it doesn't work as you expect, post a minimal test case please...

Yiannis.
Be patient!