User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Howto - Cross Compiling in Linux using MingW32

<< < (4/25) > >>

koen:

--- Quote from: Pecan on November 18, 2006, 07:35:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: koen on November 18, 2006, 07:28:28 pm ---After installing MingW32, how do I proceed to install the required wxWidgets header files, so I can compile wxWidgets projects? I think I'm just a bit lost on where to put the files. Did anyone manage to do this and is he/she willing to share some information?

--- End quote ---
Read Topic:
Installing Code::Blocks from source on Windows or Linux or Fedora or ....

--- End quote ---

I browsed through those pages, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Maybe my problem statement wasn't clear enough. Let me try to elaborate:

I have installed C::B on Linux and I am able to compile/build/run wxWidgets projects on Linux. Now I would like to cross-compile my program to Windows. As far as I understand, I need MingW32 to do the actual cross-compilations, so I installed that first. However, when I try to cross-compile my program, I get errors because wxWidgets-msw files are missing (the first one it complains about is wx/msw/chkconf.h), which makes sense. So I guess I have to install those, but I'm not sure where to put them or what would be the best way to do this.

The page you sent me to seems to be about installing C::B itself, but I've already got that running (on Linux).

Pecan:
Sorry that I misunderstood.

I am unaware that wxWidgets for windows can be installed on Linux and then used to compile a windows pgm.

Maybe someone familiar with Wine or some such can help.

koen:

--- Quote from: Pecan on November 18, 2006, 11:47:39 pm ---Sorry that I misunderstood.
I am unaware that wxWidgets for windows can be installed on Linux and then used to compile a windows pgm.
Maybe someone familiar with Wine or some such can help.

--- End quote ---

I don't think Wine should be necessary. Of course, for testing and debugging it may be used, but for cross-compiling, one shouldn't need Wine.

I found a page on cross-compiling wxWidgets under Linux (http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/Cross-Compiling_Under_Linux), which is supposed to result in a set of wxMSW header/object files. I ran configure, make and make install, and that seems to have worked out all OK. I'll check whether it has produced something useful later.

FreeSouth:
Thank you ,,,,very useful to me~

Morphius Faydal:
Now if only the Gentoo ebuilds of MinGW weren't broken...

Also; on a stylistic note; MingW32 isn't the proper name for the cross compiler.. MinGW is the "official" naming, standing for "Minimal GNU for Windows".. Min.. G.. W. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version