User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Howto - Cross Compiling in Linux using MingW32

<< < (21/25) > >>

Leshyk:
Thank you,

--- Quote ---autotools system with a prefix to modify
--- End quote ---
I am not familiar with autotools, and as far as I understand, prefix is used to give the install directory?
So I will still need to rebuild the whole C::B? Is it save to modify Makefile.am/SUBDIRS to limit the number of built projects?
By default where the new plugin should be placed or "make install" will do everything?

oBFusCATed:
If you're on a current machine the rebuild will take around 10 minutes and you would have finished with it.

--- Code: ---checkout lastest svn version
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=full_path_to_install --with-contrib-plugins=all
make jN && make install

--- End code ---
If you don't want to build contrib plugins you can skip the last part of the configure command, then it will be even faster.

Leshyk:

--- Quote ---If you don't want to build contrib plugins you can skip the last part of the configure command, then it will be even faster.

--- End quote ---
I have expected that I should rebuild all the C::B after a small modification. However it saves the result of previous builds, so 10 minutes is just for the first time and it is not a problem.

I have corrected the file, which I took from the svn/trunk. I have opportunity to test it only in linux -- native linux and crosscompiling. In both cases the code works fine. I add some comments of what I have changed.

Edit: typos

oBFusCATed:
How about providing a patch?
See here for the details: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Creating_a_patch_to_submit_to_BerliOS_%28Patch_Tracker%29

Leshyk:

--- Quote ---How about providing a patch?

--- End quote ---
Done. Patch 003373.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version