User forums > Announcements

About RC3

<< < (2/19) > >>

oz:
RC3 could be a world cup special release 8)!

orefa:
The cardinal rules of software development are:
- It can be done well.
- It can be done cheap.
- It can be done on time.
- Pick any two of the above.

Well, the CB team is picking exactly the right two. Way to go, and thank you for continuing to be transparent on your progress, efforts and difficulties. It makes you all the more credible.

Blue-Tiger:
I think that's a good idea. Also I don't understand why new features keep popping up in the nightlies. Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on bug fixing only (as opposed to: introduce new features with new bugs) befor a release? Or maybe create a "stable" and a "developement" branch?

orefa:
It's easy to understand: new features are cool, exciting, fun to write, and this obviously appeals to the developpers. Debugging is time consuming and tedious and it appeals to nobody. Remember that C::B is a volunteered product, not a commercial one. Keeping developpers interested is essential since they do this for free. But this post and the road map sugggest that tonight's version should mark a feature freeze, then bugs will be worked on as you say, which will lead to RC3 and to the official 1.0 release. This milestone will be exciting it its own right. Later on, more excitement will begin again.

byo:

--- Quote from: Blue-Tiger on June 15, 2006, 06:46:02 pm ---I think that's a good idea. Also I don't understand why new features keep popping up in the nightlies. Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on bug fixing only (as opposed to: introduce new features with new bugs) befor a release? Or maybe create a "stable" and a "developement" branch?

--- End quote ---

AFAIK this will take place between 1.0 RC3 and 1.0 Final. And according to http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Roadmap_for_version_1.0 C::B developers still haven't implemented everything in 1.0 :(.

Personally I would like to see some few more C::B gems before RC3 release ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version