User forums > Announcements

About RC3

(1/19) > >>

mandrav:
Let's get this out of the way first: we 're hereby, once again, postponing the RC3 release for a later date.

On to the "why" now...

RC3 is going to be a major release for Code::Blocks (as good as 1.0 is going to be). We (the C::B devs team) have decided that we have to fix/test a couple of very important subsystems before we can actually release RC3.
We have tried our best to accomplish this inside the planned timeframe but unfortunately we didn't make it.

The bad thing is that we broke our promise again.
The good thing is that we can afford it.

People who want RC3 today, can get tonight's nightly build. It's exactly what would be released as RC3. And as far as support goes, you know very well that we support the nightly builds even more than our last official release (RC2).

So sit back, relax and watch the world cup which is taking place in Germany :).
We promise we will release RC3 soon. Can't give you an exact date though. We did this before (twice) and failed. Maybe strict timeframes are what made us fail before ;).

Estimated time is two-three weeks, but don't hold your breath.

That's all folks.

Take care,
The Code::Blocks Team.

enex:
As long as no one dies in the process, im sure we'll be ok.  8)

Michael:

--- Quote from: mandrav on June 15, 2006, 12:33:54 pm ---We have tried our best to accomplish this inside the planned timeframe but unfortunately we didn't make it.

The bad thing is that we broke our promise again.
The good thing is that we can afford it.

--- End quote ---

Hello,

Please take the time you think is necessary. As far I am concerned, I would prefer an high-quality product delivered a bit later :) rather than a rushed one.

Moreover, I think that you (devs team) should be relatively busy people and I really appreciate the efforts and time you are putting in this project.

So, take the time you need :).

--- Quote from: mandrav on June 15, 2006, 12:33:54 pm ---So sit back, relax and watch the world cup which is taking place in Germany :).

--- End quote ---

It is a good suggestion :). Unfortunately I have too much work at the moment :(. Can just check the results in Internet.

Best wishes,
Michael

Pecan:

--- Quote from: mandrav on June 15, 2006, 12:33:54 pm ---
So sit back, relax ...

--- End quote ---

I'm relieved. I've done nothing for the past week but panic over changes, leaks, and segfaults. Whew....

thanks
pecan

PDEE:
I think Michael got it right, take your time. There is no pont rushing it. We can all wait.

Thank you

PDEE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version