User forums > Help

No error reporting on compiling

(1/2) > >>

Rexides:
First of all, I'd like to say how Code::Blocks is the best IDE I have ever used up to now. It's GUI is comprehensive, unlike other IDEs who actualy forced me to use text editors and command line tools for months.

So, anyway, on with my problem:

I just found out that C::B (or the compiler??) has stopped reporting compiling errors. This has not always been the case of course, I have been using it for more than a month, and this is the first occurance of this problem.

I am using rc2 (I have also tried the nightly build of 6/12, same problem), on WindowsXP home, with the VCPP 2003 compiler.

Basicaly, I try to compile an obviously error-full file (like, with gibberish), and the compiler will not return any errors, and then proceed to linking, which of course will fail since there is no .obj file to be found. Small, error-free programs will of course compile and link.

I have tried every level of compiler logging and the number of maximum errors to report is set to 50.

Now, I believe that most of you will suggest trying a diffirent compiler, and to be frank I do believe the odds are high that this will solve the problem. However, I am using C::B to write Ogre3D programs, and the VCPP is the only compiler on windows that works with Ogre without additional libraries or recompiling Ogre3D, so I just had to ask here for help first before I switched compiler.

TDragon:

--- Quote from: Rexides on June 15, 2006, 12:52:15 am ---...
I just found out that C::B (or the compiler??) has stopped reporting compiling errors.
I am using rc2 (I have also tried the nightly build of 6/12, same problem),

--- End quote ---

This is where I get confused. Do you mean to say that you were using RC2 and errors were being reported the way they should be, and then all of a sudden (still using RC2) they aren't? Or did you switch to a nightly and then stopped getting correct error reports? If the former, I have no idea what the problem might be; if the latter, it would be worthy of a bug report if consistently reproduceable.

TeddyKrulewich:
Somewhere in the compiler settings there are things to not display warnings, and also ,I think, errors. Maybe you checked one of those options.

mandrav:
Later today, RC3 will be released and your problems will be solved.
Oh, and Ogre works just fine with MinGW+RC3 ;).

Rexides:

--- Quote from: TDragon on June 15, 2006, 01:08:11 am ---
--- Quote from: Rexides on June 15, 2006, 12:52:15 am ---...
I just found out that C::B (or the compiler??) has stopped reporting compiling errors.
I am using rc2 (I have also tried the nightly build of 6/12, same problem),

--- End quote ---

This is where I get confused. Do you mean to say that you were using RC2 and errors were being reported the way they should be, and then all of a sudden (still using RC2) they aren't? Or did you switch to a nightly and then stopped getting correct error reports? If the former, I have no idea what the problem might be; if the latter, it would be worthy of a bug report if consistently reproduceable.

--- End quote ---

The problem (no reporting of errors) occured when using rc2, and then I switched to the nightly build in case the bug (?) was corrected.

Anyway, I'll try RC3 tonight, maybe even MinGW, and see what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version