Author Topic: Compiler problems (WinNT.h)  (Read 11675 times)

ChrisyB

Compiler problems (WinNT.h)
« on: May 14, 2005, 10:30:06 pm »
Hey,

For the last 4 years I've been using MSVC++6, but recently downloaded and installed the Microsoft toolkit 2003.  I'm not really one to be using a command line compiler (well anything to do with a command shell if I can help it) so I went looking for an IDE, stumbled across Code::Blocks.

I'm happy, I like Code::Blocks.  And will be even happier if someone can help me.  I've followed the instuctions for setting Code::Blocks up with MS Toolkit 2003 and have also tried several things I've picked up on from these forums.

I've installed both MS toolkit 2003 and MS Platform SDK, and set up Code::Blocks to find the 'lib' and 'include' folders for them both.

But when I compile, I get 5 errors:
Code
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\WinNT.h(222) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\WinNT.h(222) : error C2501: 'PVOID64' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\WinNT.h(5940) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Buffer'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\WinNT.h(5940) : error C2501: '_FILE_SEGMENT_ELEMENT::PVOID64' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\WinNT.h(5940) : error C2501: '_FILE_SEGMENT_ELEMENT::Buffer' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do to sort this out?

Any ideas and help would be very nice.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 08:24:34 am »
Yeah, I got the same errors too :/

Help us! ;)

Yann.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 09:03:11 am »
Please post a minimal sample file to compile and produce this error.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

ChrisyB

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 05:41:50 pm »
Hey,

I managed to find a way around this problem, you could call it a solution but it's a bit of a step backwards really.  I intended to post this shortly after I solved it but I've had a few other prioritys.

To solve the problem I downloaded and installed an older version on the MS platform SDK, it can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/psdk-full.htm

I may try and see if I can get the MS Platform SDK 2003 w/ SP1 to work someday when I have more free time, but for now everything is working nicely.

Once more I have to complement you on your IDE, it's a joy to work in.

Offline polygon7

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Home site
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 10:13:03 am »
I had folowing errors too. Try to put PSDK include and lib paths first (on the top) in the Compiler -> Directories -> Compiler/Linker tabs.

// Edit: This solution is from here: http://error-bank.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.general/141796_Thread.aspx
best regards,
p7
 Free open source UML modeling tool: ArgoUML

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 01:21:56 am »
I haven't tried to use the older version of the Platform SDK, but I've tried to set the include and lib paths of the Platform SDK at the top of the Compiler/Linker tabs, and I still got the same errors.

I'm downloading the older version, I'll say if now it works fine for me :)

Yann.