Author Topic: [bug?] handling blanks in a line?  (Read 10966 times)

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
[bug?] handling blanks in a line?
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:06:58 pm »
Sometimes I wrote a line/call with blanks in it because it is more readable.
This line
Code
pSourceCtrl_->SetValue(rTask_.GetSource());
would be written like this
Code
pSourceCtrl_    ->SetValue(rTask_.GetSource());

Understand the difference?

I write this part "pSourceCtrl_    ->SetV". After the 'V' the code completition runs.
In the first case everything is right!
In the second case the code completition freeze the hole C::B for some seconds and then show nothing to choice.

Maybe code completition does not like my blanks before the ->?

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: [bug?] handling blanks in a line?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:18:56 pm »
Does the compiler like your blanks??? I didn't know that...

as far as I know, Code Completion only works with whole words (from blank to blank) Perhaps this could be changed some day....
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 06:22:47 pm »
Does the compiler like your blanks???
No compiler like blanks. But each preprocesser kill blanks. I think it is a part of each compiler. ;)
Of course my blanks make no problmes! Why should they?

I code like this since a lot of years.

as far as I know, Code Completion only works with whole words (from blank to blank) Perhaps this could be changed some day....

Because I am not able to build C::B I will submit a bug-report.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 07:33:51 pm »
Because I am not able to build C::B I will submit a bug-report.
You can do so, but it probably won't do any good. As the title of this forum indicates, the Code Completion is undergoing (or will be) redesign, which makes any bug reports on the current version mostly meaningless. (Unless a dev decides the fix is simple enough to be made to the current version.)
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 07:45:41 pm »
(Unless a dev decides the fix is simple enough to be made to the current version.)

I am using the nightlies. The bugreport is just for the current SVN version. There is no official C::B release. There are only release candidates. I thougt they are inofficial, too and all bug-reports affect the current SVN version?

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 07:48:14 pm »
I am using the nightlies.
Those are what I refer to when I say "current version". To reiterate -- the current version of the Code Completion plugin will be completely redesigned. Therefore, bug reports such as this (relating to the parser) are generally not worth filing, unless a dev decides the fix is simple enough.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)