Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Question on Code::blocks design

<< < (4/5) > >>

rickg22:
Define "many error", "something from the menu", "jams up" and "not close right".

Keep in mind that cbEditor is supposed to be a descendant of wxEvtHandler, maybe some events are mishandled?

IMO you're doing the heck of a lot trial and error in here. Not that you're doing bad, but... kinda spooky changing things without knowing how they work (um, what happens if i press this button on the alien spaceship? :P ).

Also, what happened to the "maximize", "restore" and "activate" functions of EditorBase (inherited from wxMDIChildFrame)? Did you emulate them too?

frog-o:
mandrav
you said

--- Quote ---
There's a reason for this: the main frame isn't something that I will decide how to structure. It is up to the user to configure it to his/her liking. I don't see what good it would do to use XRC for the main frame...

--- End quote ---

what better way to do this then xrc.    Xrc has many beniffit to it just read wxwidget xrc doc.    .I would like to do thing more visually then type every thing out in text.  It Takes me much long to do thing this way.  Most of the time becuse of trill and error with sizers in wxwidgets.  This would also alow use to edit it in codeblock when we get xrc editing up and running.

and you also said

--- Quote ---Also consider the fact that, at some point, a docking windows library is going to be used (wxDockit/wxIFM).
--- End quote ---

Yes I consider this and every good libbary sould soport xrc.  I seen you on you toolbar add on createing you own xrchandlers why cant we create one.

My Main worry is such thing as pointer to wxtree controls and other controls but think this can be workaround buy getting everthing to use just plant wxControl.

Alot of xrc access if base on finding a window buy name and can be place anywere in the Mainframe or any of it decendents.

frog-o:
to RESPOND TO  commont  rickg22.
That was

--- Quote ---
Define "many error", "something from the menu", "jams up" and "not close right".  

--- End quote ---

I said alot of error cuase i don't know them all.  I still bug huntting.  This was just to say i'm not complete with what i'm working on.

I think to see all the bug you need to have the source that i working on.  It hard fo me  to track down and explain all the odd behave yours.

rickg22:
Just a question that crossed my mind. Your changes make C::B behave as "tabbed editors", or you're trying to implement XRC with MDI?

Because trying to manage MDI with XRC is, IMHO, very inconvenient and filled-with-difficulties, if not impossible.

frog-o:

--- Quote ---
 Your changes make C::B behave as "tabbed editors", or you're trying to implement XRC with MDI?
--- End quote ---

I been try to say for the longest time.   I have it C::B working with tab editors using my xrc way.  It was easer for me to do it with xrc.  It has some bug but I think it would works if i could get the other problems solved.  C:B crash on close menu problems etc.

I hope mandrav will see the xrc can be flexible and do want he want or explain to me why it is a big problem.

I think i see want he getting at.  Now I hope he can see want i getting at.

I think my idea enables for faster devlopment of c:b.
[/quote]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version