Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Question on Code::blocks design

(1/5) > >>

Guest:
I been looking at code::blocks soucecode for over a week now and am ver puzzled over  it.  AND WOUNDER IF YOU COULD HELP ME UNDERSTAND the following.

*Why you  don't useing sizer on creation of mainframe and if i sould try to convert it over to use sizer?(mabe this is not possible)

*Why wxMainFrame is useing wxframe in the message map when it is derived from wxParentFrame?

*why when i rem out the everthing in fuctiion

void EditorManager::OnTreeItemActivated(wxTreeEvent &event)

(when running windows version of codeblock)

in edditorManeger.cpp it still open file buy double clicking the tree.

The sourcecode Im useing is from the cvs version I updated yesterday morning.   I'm compiling with wxwidgets 2.6.0.

Please note I'm trying to help fix the MDI-BUG That why I'm Asking these questions.

These dosen't reale belong here but i would like you to also notice
you open a file there is (no restore down button,no close, or no minmize button)  I want to find out why?

Thankfor any help
Frog-0

mandrav:

--- Quote ---*Why you don't useing sizer on creation of mainframe and if i sould try to convert it over to use sizer?(mabe this is not possible)
--- End quote ---

What do you want the sizer for? We 're using a wxLayoutManager IIRC.

--- Quote ---*Why wxMainFrame is useing wxframe in the message map when it is derived from wxParentFrame?
--- End quote ---

Maybe it's just left-over. No big deal though because wxFrame is an ancestor of wxMDIParentFrame...

--- Quote ---*why when i rem out the everthing in fuctiion ... etc ... etc
--- End quote ---

Because the EditorManager's tree is the "opened files list". The project tree belongs to the ProjectManager.

--- Quote ---Please note I'm trying to help fix the MDI-BUG That why I'm Asking these questions.
--- End quote ---

Good luck hunting it down. Though, I must say, that I don't see using wx2.6.0 in the near future because, under linux, codeblocks misbehaves badly with it...

Yiannis.

frog-o:
In my following

--- Quote ---
*Why wxMainFrame is useing wxframe in the message map when it is derived from wxParentFrame?  

--- End quote ---

you put

--- Quote ---
Maybe it's just left-over. No big deal though because wxFrame is an ancestor of wxMDIParentFrame...

--- End quote ---

what do you  buy left leftover.  Is it a least a litte bit of A Deal ,becuase it would only have the event of wxFrame and not wxMDIParentFrame.  Wich would me it would be posible that some event would be skip would it  or i'm I wrong in this thinking?

--- Quote ---
What do you want the sizer for? We 're using a wxLayoutManager IIRC.

--- End quote ---

Write here Is a big artical of dissucion  I'm not very fimarilar with wxLayoutManager IIRC and look to ME like an absolette class because it for MDI which wxwidgets doc. sayes is an obsollet interface).  Not only that I never see it  use in there samples.  I also want to see if I can't Make class MAINFRAME an XRC to simmplify code will inccressing flexibility.  Size you can use it xrc  but with wxLayoutManager you can't.  before take a hack saw and cutiting out vital organ of a program i figure I better see if you hand a good reson for doing want you done or if you would mind my changes.

I just had not gotten to the part of asking you if you mind it if i try to make Mainframe an XRC.  My thinking is that i can make an xrc for wxframe and have it load into wxMDIParentFrame with wxXmlResource::LoadFrame().  I Have not done any testing on this idea and don't know if it going to work but i think it sould becuse wxframe is a decendent of wxMDIParentFrame.

Any though are well to come. :D

rickg22:
AFAIK there's no wxLayoutManager, instead we have wxSashLayoutWindow's. A solution for the layout problems(?)  is to replace the wxMDIParentFrame with wxFrame, and turn the cbEditor (or EditorBase actually) into wxScrollingWindow instead of wxMDIChildFrame.

Then we can use wxSplitterWindows for the layout, and a wxNotebook for the editors, so everything in XRC.

I guess we haven't asked anyone to try to do that, but once beta8 is released (which i really hope it's this week *ahem* :P ), we'll switch to a single frame layout.

BTW, if anyone wants to experiment and try to do the conversion for us (we'd be REALLY grateful!), he's welcome to do so.

frog-o:
Just a littlle note on my work.
I try to do alot of conversion today to make mainframe xrc comptible but running into problems.   Like some of the message maneger class don't create new wxpanel control but derive from them and are not verry xrc compatible so don't expect anything from me soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version