Author Topic: The 17 May 2006 build is out.  (Read 20778 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 17 May 2006 build is out.
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:39:55 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml
A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.7z
For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb.7z

The 17 May 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060517_rev2472_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060517_rev2472_ubuntu.deb (not yet)
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060517_rev2472_fc4+5.rpm (not yet)

Resolved Fixed:

• wxSmith redesign:
     * Implemented hiding children after fetching background in wxsDrawingWindow - selection boxes and other are no more hidden on Windows
     * Fixed bugs with default colour in wxsColourProperty
     * Added constructor for wxsFontProperty (no more random font generated)
     * Added initialization of properties in wxsBaseProperties class (no more random colour etc)
  • * A Tool has now the following launching options:
      - New console window (no piping)
      - Hidden (output piped)
      - Visible (no piping)
    + All previously saved Tools will default to "New console window".
    + NOTE: Application crash if the resources aren't updated (update.bat / update).
  • Code Britisation

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)

sztaniol

Re: The 17 May 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:12:04 pm »
I can't download the Windows version, a short message appears: "The file doesn't exist!". It's just a temporary problem?

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:31:08 pm »
why when i compile my own version the files are so big
before these files was small

now they are about 50mb and before about 5mb

andrew11

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:42:20 pm »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:48:13 pm by andrew11 »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:51:51 pm »
file has now the correct name ; so the original links work now

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 11:30:23 pm »

Perhaps you compile it with debug infos included. They are about 40mb. Stripping the binaries will remove the debug infos. You can also disable the debug option (don't know where exactly :?)
Nightly builds for openSUSE

sethjackson

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 11:48:40 pm »

Perhaps you compile it with debug infos included. They are about 40mb. Stripping the binaries will remove the debug infos. You can also disable the debug option (don't know where exactly :?)

Settings -> Compiler Debugger (these are global settings). Project -> Build Options (current project only). Something like that can't remember off of the top of my head.....

riverbird

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 03:02:38 am »
Dear sir:
    I've find a problem that when I want to download the programmer today,I  can't do it ?could you tell me why? maybe your server computer have some trouble.we are waiting for you.

sethjackson

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 03:29:11 am »
Dear sir:
    I've find a problem that when I want to download the programmer today,I  can't do it ?could you tell me why? maybe your server computer have some trouble.we are waiting for you.

I have the same problem. I think BerliOS (the place where the Code::Blocks project is hosted) is down at the moment (it has been down for most of this evening for me).

riverbird

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 05:28:15 am »

I have a important problem.yesterday ago,I can use my c::b good,but today,I can't run this problem.my os is windowsXp sp2. since ago,I 've been install c::b rc2,and I've been install c::b nightly builds everyday for test.my c::b rc2 can run,but my nightly builds can't run,I don't know why? At first I copy all files in c::b rc2 directory,and paste into a new directory.then I copy all files in c::b night build directory(the files have been unzip) into the same directory.but why the programee can't be run.could you give me a answer ?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 06:39:16 am »
I copy all files in c::b night build directory(the files have been unzip) into the same directory.but why the programee can't be run.
It has been said sooooooooooooo many times: Do NOT do this. Do never ever copy a nightly on top of RC2. Never. Period.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 07:19:04 am »

but before i compiled it with debug info and didn't happen that big why
i know from where to stop debug info

Offline L_O_J

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 09:55:47 am »
I copy all files in c::b night build directory(the files have been unzip) into the same directory.but why the programee can't be run.
It has been said sooooooooooooo many times: Do NOT do this. Do never ever copy a nightly on top of RC2. Never. Period.
With regards, Morten.

wow I actually don't know about this. what I do most of the time is, overwrite the old C::B with the newly downloaded Nightly version of C::B, and it works just fine. would be kind enough to explain (or may be give some links to the related topic ?)

riverbird

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 10:06:11 am »
the important problem still have! when I down the new night buids,and unzip to a new directory,but when I run the problem,it can't be run.but when I copy this zip file and unzip this files to my friend's computer,It can be run,everybody,Could You tell me what can I ought to do? thx very very very much!

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 10:08:44 am »
what I do most of the time is, overwrite the old C::B with the newly downloaded Nightly version
Those are two different things. Overwriting a nightly build with another (although not recommended) will usually work.

Overwriting RC2 with a nightly build will usually not work, as it leaves behind a couple of files that are not compatible. Most importantly, that's the wxWidgets library, as it is a build from a different version with different buildflags which is alltogether not compatible.

Theoretically, it should even be possible to install a nightly build over RC2 without any problems if you do everything correctly, but that is far too complicated and error-prone as a general solution.
Therefore, the golden rule is "do not do that".
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 10:14:31 am »
the important problem still have! when I down the new night buids,and unzip to a new directory,but when I run the problem,it can't be run.but when I copy this zip file and unzip this files to my friend's computer,It can be run,everybody,Could You tell me what can I ought to do? thx very very very much!
Not if you don't give more detailled information.
Also it would be quite nice if you could give up posting in red colour all the time, as that is quite uncomfortable to read.

What exactly do you download? What exactly do you do to unpack?
What is the error message for "cannot be run"?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 10:20:25 am »
when I down the new night buids,and unzip to a new directory,but when I run the problem,it can't be run.
I wonder if you have conflicting wxWidgets (MinGW) DLL versions around? If you downloaded the C::B nightly, the wxWidgets DLL and the MinGW DLL from the very same forum post all into one new directory and (maybe) remove the [documents and settings]\[user]\[application data]\codeblocks folder then does this work?
BTW: Please try before without removing th C::B folder or save it because otherwise you'll loose your settings.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Phoenix

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 10:32:54 am »
I'm sorry but I can't download any of current files. Could you fix the problem?

riverbird

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 11:11:15 am »
A good Message! yesterday,a friend tell me he have a chinese version of C::B,today, I have a try this one,and success!but what a pity that I can't unload this programme to web.if who have free web driver,I will unload this file to web,and make a link to others.I think this is a good news for chinese people.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 11:40:27 am »
I'm sorry but I can't download any of current files. Could you fix the problem?

it seems  berlios is down : we can only wait ....

Phoenix

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 12:31:26 pm »
I don't know if this is a right place to raport a bug, but I didn't found any other so here it goes:

There is a problem with wxSmith plugin. Sometimes seams to be locking out CB. Here is what I was doing:

1. Add new window.
2. Create boxsize.
3. Add notebook with two panels.
4. Each panel has boxsizer.
5. Add something to first panel.
6. Add something to second panel.

Now if you will switch between pages and select any object sometimes wxSmith is loosing CB focuse and you are not able to change anything in properties (even ALT+F4 doesn't close CB). The only solution to unlock CB is to double click somewhere on unocupated space of wxSmith (for example below design window).

I'm using CB r2469 nightly build.