Author Topic: Getting the Message-window back in its place  (Read 5078 times)

Offline LonelySTar

• Multiple posting newcomer
Getting the Message-window back in its place
« on: February 12, 2006, 03:00:33 pm »
Hello together,
I don't know if this is Linux-specific. If it is: I am using Linux.

I somhow managed to get the message window out of its place (so that it is now a window on its own, not docked into the mainwindow). How to I get it bakc?
Thanks!
Nathan

sethjackson

Re: Getting the Message-window back in its place
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 03:04:18 pm »
Hello together,
I don't know if this is Linux-specific. If it is: I am using Linux.

I somhow managed to get the message window out of its place (so that it is now a window on its own, not docked into the mainwindow). How to I get it bakc?
Thanks!
Nathan

Re-dock it..... Alternatively delete the default.conf (I think it exists on Linix). That will restore C::B to the default state. Also you could do View -> Layout -> C::B Default......

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 03:09:18 pm »
no need to delete anything - just drag it back on the CodeBlocks window and drop it near the border where you want to have it - it should dock again automagically. Hint - if you press Ctrl while dropping, no docking takes places (is sometimes useful when you want to drag your window but don't want to dock it again )

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 03:56:25 pm »
Alternatively delete the default.conf
Lol, the answer to every problem :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline LonelySTar

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 04:03:01 pm »
Thanks for the answers. Unfortinaly, dropping it near the border does not work :(.
I have another problem: I have also completly lost the workspace/project browser and the open file list.
View->"Open file list" does not help :(.
It's driving me nuts, of course I could delete the config, but I want it to work :)
Thanks!
Nathan
EDIT: I am using version revision 1989, but it was the same on older versions.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 06:26:14 pm »
Thanks for the answers. Unfortinaly, dropping it near the border does not work :(.

If you would like to dock a window, you have to move it to the border of where you want to dock it. It should appear a blue rectangle that shows you the new position. If you want to have your window there then dock it, if not you move it again. I would advice you to do some practice. It helps :D.

I have another problem: I have also completly lost the workspace/project browser and the open file list.
View->"Open file list" does not help :(.
EDIT: I am using version revision 1989, but it was the same on older versions.

I have had one time a similar problem with debug tab. I did not have it anymore (it was with a now-very-old ANSI SVN revision). Later, when the nightly builds come out, the problem was disappeared (anyway, it was a local problem as the same revison worked fine in another computer). I did not know what the problem exactly was. Try to delete your actual C::B and install a new revision. Try also to delete the config.file (may be you can do a backup copy of it before deleting it) and see if now you have your windows back.

Best wishes,
Michael

hrashk

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »
Hello all.

I've got similar troubles with [Open file list] and [Management] panes. Once you close any/all of them you can't bring them back by choosing View->[Open file list], View->Manager or pressing <Shift-F2>. Of course, you can restore the default layout by just deleting default.conf, but I doubt that that's the way it's supposed to work  :)

Has anyone come across similar issues? Any ideas?

I'm using C::B version 1.0 revision 2450 (checked out recently via SVN) on Linux (Fedora Core 4) / wxWidgets 2.6.2. Note that I've seen this issue in several previous versions too.