Author Topic: Importing ProjectBuilder / Xcode  (Read 8721 times)

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Importing ProjectBuilder / Xcode
« on: May 08, 2006, 10:38:29 pm »
If anyone wants to make a stab at this, there is some "PBTOMAKE"
code at http://members.bellatlantic.net/%7Evze35xda/software.html

Seems to be a C++ program that converts Xcode projects into Makefiles.
Might be adoptable to convert Xcode projects into Code::Blocks projects ?

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
Re: Importing ProjectBuilder / Xcode
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 05:12:29 pm »
Last I checked it did not support the latest version of xcode, so it will require quite a bit of work.  Hopefully it can act as a base though.  I have taken a look at the files themselves, and on the face of it they don't seem that complicated to import, its just that apple has seen fit to include a bunch of hashes of some sort in their, so it would make generating them a little hard.  You might also take a look at CMake which has some preliminary xcode project file generation.  I don't know if would help in the parsing but it might be a good guide to the format.

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »
Last I checked it did not support the latest version of xcode, so it will require quite a bit of work.

It says that "PBMAKE 4.0" supports Xcode 2.1, which should be the same as 2.2 uses ?
(there are three formats commonly in use: ProjectBuilder, Xcode 1.5 and Xcode 2.2)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:16:59 pm »
I am assuming there are difference in the project files because when I opened up an Xcode 2.1 project file in Xcode 2.2, it told me it had to update the project file.  If it turns out to be just a file layout change and not file format change then that is great.