Author Topic: The 04 May 2006 build is out.  (Read 21661 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 04 May 2006 build is out.
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:25:05 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml
A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.7z
For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb.7z

The 04 May 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060504_rev2411_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060504_rev2411_ubuntu.deb
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060504_rev2411_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed wrong address display in memory window (debugger)
  • Fixed ENTER key in address field of memory window (debugger)
  • Typo in config loading

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)

Offline tretton

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 04 May 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:23:31 pm »
Hi! I hope you won't kill me if I post some bugs here instead of over at BerliOS. I really don't want to register just for that, and these bugs are so small. =/ (But I will if you insist though.)

Alright, here goes:

1. Abbreviations: The "--->" thingy inserts an actual tab character even though I've told CB to insert tabs as spaces.

2. The caret doesn't stop blinking when I press the tab key, so after repeated tabs the caret disappears and I must wait a short while to see where I am. (In contrast to when I press backspace several times and always see the caret.)

[edit]
I'm using WinXP SP2 and the latest CB nightly.
[/edit]

Thanks for the best IDE ever!
-tretton
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 11:51:54 pm by tretton »

takeshimiya

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 12:35:42 am »
1. Abbreviations: The "--->" thingy inserts an actual tab character even though I've told CB to insert tabs as spaces.
The problem there is that it uses a cbStyledTextCtrl (the preview window over there) which haves the settings hardcoded, they aren't readed from the settings that cbEditor (the main editor) uses.

The following editor-preview windows haves that inconsistency:
-Source formatter (AStyle)
-Default code
-Abbreviations
-Syntax highlighting

Another little inconsistency is that 'Syntax highlighting' let's you select a language other than C/C++, while:
-Source formatter (AStyle) does not: it's ok as AStyle doesn't support another language, but there should be a warning. In the future even supporting other source formatters for other languages will be better.
-Default code does not: this shouldn't be difficult to solve.
-Abbreviations does not: neither this.

2. The caret doesn't stop blinking when I press the tab key, so after repeated tabs the caret disappears and I must wait a short while to see where I am. (In contrast to when I press backspace several times and always see the caret.)
Have you tried disabling "Hide cursor as you type" in Windows' cursor settings?

Offline tretton

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 01:30:53 am »
1. Oh, okay. Just wanted to point it out. =)

2. Maybe you thought I meant the mouse cursor? =) I mean the focus marker which blinks where you type (while you're not typing). This is the only program I know of that "misbehaves" on this issue. I mean, it does work for backspace.

I also tried what you said, but it didn't help. Not very surprising though, since the mouse cursor shouldn't have anything to do with it. I hope.

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 01:40:28 am »
This is the only program I know of that "misbehaves" on this issue. I mean, it does work for backspace.

I can reproduce it, but it's a Scintilla issue (I can reproduce it in SciTE), so make sure you submit a bug report to them here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=2439

Nonetheless, you can configure the color & width of the caret in Settings->Editor->Gutter, margins and caret.

Scintilla should have a method to disable blinking too.

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 02:01:58 am »
This doesn't seem big enough for a bug report (yet). It's probably a small thing. I noticed in the nightly I got that the tools command

explorer.exe ${PROJECT_DIR} doesn't work anymore. It lauches the tool but the window never opens up. and it kind of stalls under I open the folder manually. Also Mandrav added another command, but it's not listed in the window.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 04:57:40 am »

Nonetheless, you can configure the color & width of the caret in Settings->Editor->Gutter, margins and caret.

Thank you for that. I've been squinting at that skinny caret for 6 months.

Offline xplorer87

• hit the lights!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 03:08:01 pm »
lo, as you can see from my poster count, i'm new here. first of all, congratulations for your program, even if i started c++ studying only few months ago, i want to say that this is the one of the best compiler i've ever used, thanks for your work.

now, i got an issue installing this build (it's the first time i install one, so maybe i've made some stupid mistake). i've downloaded zip files and overwrote the old ones in the CodeBlocks directory. when i try to run the program, i got an error that says: "impossible to find ingress point GetStringFromArray of procedure in dynamic linking library codeblocks.dll". is it a known issue? what can i do to fix it?

thanks for the help. see you around :)
on
through the mist and the madness...
we are trying to get the message to you... metal militia!

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 03:25:30 pm »
did you overwrite RC2 ??

It is best to do a clean and seperate install. You can reuse the Mingw from RC2, or you can install Mingw manually.

See the wiki on the main page : cookbook for the nightlies, it explains on how to do that (ignore the other stuff).

sethjackson

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 05:44:00 pm »
Scintilla should have a method to disable blinking too.

It does. I probably could submit a patch for this pretty soon. :D

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 06:54:29 pm »
When the toolbar is with 22x22 icons
  • toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
the problem is no more exist (just for toolbar not for menu :()

sorry for my poor english

Silicium62

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 08:07:50 pm »
there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)

Just to know : this work is really in progress or it is in stand by ?

sethjackson

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 08:09:07 pm »
True to my word here is the patch for setting the caret blink "period".

https://developer.berlios.de/patch/index.php?func=detailpatch&patch_id=1031&group_id=5358

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 08:46:11 pm »
there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)
Just to know : this work is really in progress or it is in stand by ?

Hello,

You might would like to read this topic:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=2279.0

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline xplorer87

• hit the lights!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 04:18:53 am »
did you overwrite RC2 ??

It is best to do a clean and seperate install. You can reuse the Mingw from RC2, or you can install Mingw manually.

See the wiki on the main page : cookbook for the nightlies, it explains on how to do that (ignore the other stuff).

i've uninstalled and reinstalled codeblocks. now it seems to be ok, thanks ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:14:52 pm by xplorer87 »
on
through the mist and the madness...
we are trying to get the message to you... metal militia!

Offline lesnewell

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 03:58:45 pm »
Hi,

I have tried installing the linux nightly build rpm and I get two unsatisfied dependencies: libcodeblocks.so.0 and libwxscintilla.so.0. Does anyone know where I can get these?

Thanks,
Les

Offline Conan Kudo

• Enano CMS Project
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 04:20:05 pm »
Those are a part of Code::Blocks itself... That means that some stuff is missing from the RPM...

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 07:22:39 pm »
Hi,

I have tried installing the linux nightly build rpm and I get two unsatisfied dependencies: libcodeblocks.so.0 and libwxscintilla.so.0. Does anyone know where I can get these?

Thanks,
Les
These two files are in the rpm package. They are provided by the package itself.
I don't know why you get such an error  :?

Which distribution do you use ?
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline lesnewell

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 07:33:48 pm »
I am using Suse Linux 10.0

I have just built SVN HEAD instead so it isn't too much of a problem for me for the time being.

Thanks,
Les

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 08:10:22 pm »
The provided package is a Fedora package, which doesn't work on Suse. Suse and Fedora use different wxGTK packages which are not compatible (fedora has compatibility to wxGTK2.4 enabled suse not).

So building it yourself is the only way at the moment for suse users. Lieven (killerbot) wants to provide suse builds in future. But you need time to get into the whole packaging stuff.
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline lesnewell

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 12:27:27 am »
That is one of the big problems with linux - packaging is a complete nightmare. This new build locks up when you pass a .cbp file on the command line. Is that a known bug?

takeshimiya

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 01:12:13 am »
That is one of the big problems with linux - packaging is a complete nightmare. This new build locks up when you pass a .cbp file on the command line. Is that a known bug?
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=2982
Rev.2268?