User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Problems with .exe

(1/3) > >>

brainspoon:
And the party goes on.

I successfully compiled my first program, but now I can't execute the exe. Linux won't give me the right to execute it. I tried it with chmod but with no luck.

One other question I have is, why are the programs compiled as .exe and not as standard Linux binary?

mandrav:

--- Quote ---One other question I have is, why are the programs compiled as .exe and not as standard Linux binary?
--- End quote ---

It is a standard linux binary :)
Just the name contains the .exe part. You can remove the .exe in project properties.

--- Quote ---Linux won't give me the right to execute it.
--- End quote ---

This is vague.

Please post the following:
How are you trying to execute it? From inside the IDE or from a shell?
If trying from a shell, what command do you give?
If from inside the IDE, which version are you using? Also, enable the Code::Blocks debug log and post its contents here, after you 've tried executing the program.

The more info you give, the more chances you 'll get a spot-on answer...

Yiannis.

brainspoon:
I'll have to wait until today evening to try it again.
In the shell it said something like I have not the right to open that file. In the properties I saw that it was not allowed to execute it.
From within Code::Blocks I did not try it.

David Perfors:
Make sure you've got execute rights (ls- l should give at least 1 x) if you don't have it do chmod +x <program name>
To run the program you have to use the following (when the program is in a directory that isn't in the path) ./<program name>

brainspoon:
I already tried chmod but the changes are not applied even not with root rights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version