Author Topic: The 24 april 2006 build is out.  (Read 28296 times)

Offline Jorg

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 24 april 2006 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 08:20:41 pm »
Hi,

Yes I am still considering that. But I am a bit put back by the fact I have to rearrange my wxWidgets build to be able to build C::B. I know I can use --prefix, is that possible with the make scripts C::B provides?

Regards,
- Jorgen

takeshimiya

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 09:16:16 pm »
- The code completion dialog in KDE pops up modal but does not get focus
If you use the non-custom pop-up, it should work right.
Just uncheck the setting in Settings->Editor->CodeCompletion->Use custom control for code-completion list.

- The search dialog backspace brings the cursor to the beginning of the edit control instead of deleting a char
It has been fixed I think, because I can't reproduce it.

- Sometimes Ctrl-C simply gets ignored .. copying and then pasting often pastes the previous clipboard, I cannot reproduce this in any editor I have
Never happened to me, at least in Windows.

Yes I am still considering that. But I am a bit put back by the fact I have to rearrange my wxWidgets build to be able to build C::B. I know I can use --prefix, is that possible with the make scripts C::B provides?
I don't think you'll have to rearrange nothing to compile it.

There are two methods to build C::B in linux: autotools, and C::B itself, and makes use of wx-config.

The autotools method is pretty standard:
Code
svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk
./bootstrap
./configure --enable-contrib
make
make install

After that, you can compile future revisions of C::B with C::B itself, just opening the CodeBlocks-unix.cbp, clicking Build, closing C::B, and running the update script.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 09:17:50 pm by Takeshi Miya »

Offline Jorg

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 09:28:59 pm »
Thanks! I will look into it this weekend, I think the C::B way is easier, I can temporarily redirect the wx-config or point it to another version when I have built wxWidgets with the prerequisites needed for C::B..

Regards,
- Jorgen

takeshimiya

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 09:35:11 pm »
Thanks! I will look into it this weekend, I think the C::B way is easier, I can temporarily redirect the wx-config or point it to another version when I have built wxWidgets with the prerequisites needed for C::B..
But you're not requiered to build again wxWidgets, unless there's a major dead-stripping of features. But if your wx is ANSI it should work ok too.

Or you're talking about other prerequisites?

Offline Jorg

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 09:42:19 pm »
Ok, I thought the UNICODE setting was mandatory. If the current config will build C::B fine too, that's only better.
I'll fiddle around and let you know.

As for the code completion option, I do not have that option so I must assume it was added to a later codebase :-)

Regards,

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 09:46:00 pm »
Settings->Editor->CodeCompletion->Use custom control for code-completion list

I am not 100% sure, I think that only exists on windows. (and normally it will be removed)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 09:48:06 pm »
Settings->Editor->CodeCompletion->Use custom control for code-completion list

I am not 100% sure, I think that only exists on windows. (and normally it will be removed)

No, it exists in all platforms but it's enabled by default on windows only. But, yes, it will probably be removed altogether.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

takeshimiya

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 10:25:28 pm »
No, it exists in all platforms but it's enabled by default on windows only. But, yes, it will probably be removed altogether.

I hope the 'idea' of a custom control will not be removed, as the default Scintilla custom control is rather lacking a lot of things.

Ok, I thought the UNICODE setting was mandatory. If the current config will build C::B fine too, that's only better.
Nop, not mandatory.

As for the code completion option, I do not have that option so I must assume it was added to a later codebase :-)
I guess. :)

Offline Jorg

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 10:43:05 pm »
Thanks guys, that clarifies things ;-)

Regards,
- Jorgen

yalding

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 08:50:58 am »
oooooooops, it seems working now!

It was crashing when I changed one file, saved it, and moving around the cursor. The window just disappeared without any output, :)

It is ok now. Let's see how it works for the rest of today.

regards,
yalding

Does it still crashes on Ubuntu? Is there any one using ubuntu dapper beta?

Nope. Just the Settings-->Environment Crash that seems to be due to the .deb package (but it is not sure).

All builds crashes on my ubuntu boxes.....:(

Which builds? Which errors? Which boxes?

Currently, I am using 1.0rc2, which crashes at most twice a day.

RC2 is old. Get a nightly build or build C::B by yourself.

Best wishes,
Michael