User forums > Help

Linking Problem with DevCpp Project

(1/2) > >>

ck:
hiho!
I just downloaded CB and must say I'm really impressed by the IDE :)
anyhow, I've yet to get MinGW to work - at first I thougth this would be a piece of cake, but it proved to be a pain in the butt ...
Whenever I try to compile my project the compiler runs through without problem, but the linker tells me the following:

--- Quote ---
Linking executable: ..\BUILD\spash.exe
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lopengl32
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
--- End quote ---

I guess this is some sort of config-issue, but as of now I've not yet found the souce of the problem :(

mandrav:
Go to Compiler->Compiler options->Directories->Linker and add "C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\lib" in it.

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
well ... that one is already there

ck:
oops - forgot to type my name

thanks for the fast reply, but that directory was added by default and is therefore already there :(

rickg22:
Try searching your directories for "libmingw32.a". Then add that directory to the config and please report back to us! Config bugs (the ones that frustrate newbies most) are in our top priorities to fix.

BTW, are you using "makefiles" or "direct compilation"? (Check your compiler options under 'advanced' tab).

P.S. There's a bug in the web forums, they keep showing your name as "guest" even if you type a name. Please sign with your name or nick below your post (or even better, register as a user - it's free) so we can identify you and call you by your name (you don't want to be called "Guest #384", do you? ;-) )

Second. I notice there's OpenGL included in your project. Perhaps you added some options to your dev-cpp compiler settings, and these were NOT included in your dev-cpp project file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version