User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

forum - marked as read

(1/2) > >>

tiwag:
1) forum
i got accustomed from using other forums that if one is logged in, you get information about unread and read threads, in a way, that only the threads one has actually read are marked as read, the others stay marked as unread.

Here i login to the forum and the very first time i get the read/unread thread marks by different colors. But when i start reading an unread thread and a few minutes later want to read the other unread threads, ALL threads are got marked as read, so i have to guess by the time and date of the posting, if i've already read or not.
i consider this behaviour as bug, isn't it ?

2) documentation
FAQ and Handbook should contain much more infos!

3) overall
very good appearance, thanks for this great IDE !

-tiwag

Profic:
about 1)
It's standart behaviour of phpbb and lot of other forums (not only free)
I just use "Show new posts since last visit"

tiwag:

--- Quote from: Profic ---about 1)
--- End quote ---

do you plan to change this behaviour or is this well considered and wanted the way it is yet ?

Profic:

--- Quote ---do you plan to change this behaviour or is this well considered and wanted the way it is yet ?
--- End quote ---

first of all, it's not me admining this site :)
AFAIK it is not easily changeble w/out havy code rewrite as it is hard coded into phpbb

David Perfors:

--- Quote from: Profic ---about 1)
--- End quote ---

As fdar as I know this is not a standart behaviour. I've seen a lot of forums, and only the pnphpbb forum has this problem. others have this problem when you move to another site, but not when you read a topic. So I think it is a bug in this forum software..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version