User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Linux releases or compiling on Linux

(1/2) > >>

Anonymous:
Are there any Linux releases or has anyone successfully compiled CodeBlocks for Linux?

mandrav:
Hi there.

As far as Linux binaries are concerned, there are no Linux releases and I don't think there will ever be.
To use Code::Blocks under Linux (or any other wxWidgets-supported platform) you should grab the source code from CVS and build it.
That's the theory.

Now for the bad news: I haven't succeeded in building a working Code::Blocks under Linux. It's been some time since my last attempt and I shall give it another try one of these days.
The problem is that when a spawned proccess finishes (like gcc, for example) the IDE hangs. IIRC it had something to do with the pipe being blocked forever, as it couldn't understand the end of stream...
Anyway, this is the only showstopper for now, as far as portability is concerned.

If anyone wants to help in resolving this, feel free to start a new thread here to discuss it.

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
Could I download the source code of beta 3? Then I will try to give it a shot :)

David Perfors:

--- Quote from: Anonymous ---Could I download the source code of beta 3? Then I will try to give it a shot :)
--- End quote ---

I wrote this one, I thought: "lets register, I want to help" ;)

mandrav:
You can grab the source code from CVS. Look here for info on how to setup WinCVS or here for the command line client setup.
If you don't know/want to use CVS, in the next few days I 'll make a tarball of the source code that will be downloadable.

Yiannis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version