Author Topic: [SOLVED] XRC resource 'pnlCB' (class 'wxPanel') not found!  (Read 8475 times)

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
[SOLVED] XRC resource 'pnlCB' (class 'wxPanel') not found!
« on: April 16, 2006, 08:49:11 pm »
After the compiler detection dialog, during the start of codeblocks, I get an error message. Here is the log.txt:
Code
09:07:45 AM: XRC resource 'pnlCB' (class 'wxPanel') not found!
09:07:45 AM: Cannot find container for unknown control 'txtSearch'.
With that the debug dialog appears.

I think it's a fault of mine, because I tried older builds with the same result (also on both FC4 and FC5). :(

I built it on fedora core 4 with the wxGTK 2.6.2 package out of the freshrpms. I also attached the debug log.

Thank you for helping

Daniel

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 12:10:22 am by daniel2000 »
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: XRC resource 'pnlCB' (class 'wxPanel') not found!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 09:01:35 pm »
Try and delete the code completion directory, then run a svn update and rebuild.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
Re: [SOLVED] XRC resource 'pnlCB' (class 'wxPanel') not found!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 12:20:13 am »
Thank you, now codeblocks runs :-D

But one question: How can I prevent such errors without always having to build everything ? Usually make should rebuild the dependent files, or is this error something special (perhaps because xrc files are data and no source files) ?

EDIT: Or the question in another way: How can I see that there will be problems ? I think if the .xrc file changed and no source file in the same directory, this should be an indicator. But how to see it more exactly, which source file needs which .xrc ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 12:48:21 am by daniel2000 »
Nightly builds for openSUSE