Author Topic: The 06 april 2006 build is out.  (Read 21946 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 06 april 2006 build is out.
« on: April 06, 2006, 04:42:29 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml
A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.7z
For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb.7z

The 06 April 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060406_rev2317_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060406_rev2317_ubuntu.deb
         http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060406_rev2317_fc4.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed headers (some were missing when not using pch) in base wxSmith
  • Class browser now remembers its expanded nodes when it is refreshed
  • Temporary fix for debugger's stop toolbar button bug under winXP. Replaced another button on this toolbar with an uglier one which fixes this annoying visual bug under winXP (patch #977)
  • Added button accelerators in AnnoyingDialog (patch #974)
  • Enlarged statusbar space for a couple of fields which were truncated under wxGTK (patch #976)
  • Fix for splash screen freeze issue (patch #981)
  • Close code-completion if list is empty (patch #982). Applies only to our custom control, not scintilla's embedded autocompletion box
  • Fixed some memory leaks (patch #958)
  • Removed a warning about an uninitialized variable (patch #955)
  • Made "Settings->Compiler & debugger" dialog resizeable. Also made resizeable the cbConfigurationDialog dialog
  • Fixed (finally?) recent crash-on-exit introduced with the new class browser enhancements
  • No more delays when opening "Settings->Editor" (due to lexers reloading)
  • For batch builds, the log window is now automatically closed. If you want it to stay open, use the new "--no-batch-window-close" command-line option
  • Fix in main app to reach OnExit() when shutting down. Still, the return value is ignored by wxWidgets (as mentioned in the docs)...
  • Fixed class browser's resource encoding.
  • automatic Batchbuildwindow closes only when no build errors occured
  • Lexer-loading uses Debug-Log (with time prefixed) as all other debug-log-messages
  • Added context menu in "Build messages" tab to allow copying its contents to the clipboard
  • wxSmith redesign:
    * Added support for header files
    * Resource is recreating code
    * Some other small fixes
  • Made a lot of changes in the directory structure and the Makefile.
    Windows Makefile is probably broken...
  • DragScroll v0.20 - Removed ListCtrl window scrolling to avoid
    conflict with Build messages context menu
  • Encapsulated our (simple) file encoding detection in a class named EncodingDetector
  • Fixed VisualStudio solution importer to recognize and skip the byte order mark (if present)
  • Renamed "class browser" to "symbols browser"
  • Made symbols browser hideable (toggle entry in "View" menu)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:19:50 pm by killerbot »

dllmain

Re: The 06 april 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 06:10:44 pm »
No more crash-on-exit. Thank you!

penguino

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 07:57:14 pm »
I noticed that the C++ color scheme is not saved properly now upon exit.
The default color scheme is applied upon next startup.

Also, user keywords don't appear to be highlighted properly.

Am I the only one with these problems?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 08:14:13 pm by penguino »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:51:30 pm »
I noticed that the C++ color scheme is not saved properly now upon exit.
The default color scheme is applied upon next startup.

Also, user keywords don't appear to be highlighted properly.

Am I the only one with these problems?

I have the same problem..

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:28:40 pm »
Same here.

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 10:54:46 pm »
Are these two bugs, or it's by design?
1) Create a new project (with files, any project), the "project file format changed" dialog pops up (but there aren't old settings!)
2) Delete the file(s) inside "sources" virtual directory, this directory isn't deleted. Only on save it disappears.

alanwong

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 03:42:45 am »
After I install code::blocks (The 06 april 2006 build)
), and New project--->wxWidgets application(using uncode wxWidgets dll ,and no header file)---->build.

-------------- Build: default in test ---------------
Precompiling header: wx_pch.h
Compiling: main.cpp
Linking executable: wxwidgets_u.exe
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmsw26u
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 25 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

why?

TheNullinator

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 04:13:44 am »
You might want to check the build options of your project and make sure that the linker directories are correct.  If that doesn't help, could you turn on full compiler logging and post the result again, please?  To do this, go to "Settings" -> "Compiler and debugger" -> "Other" tab -> "Compiler logging" and select "Full command line".

alanwong

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 04:32:52 am »
Many thank you, I have To do this, go to "Settings" -> "Compiler and debugger" -> "Other" tab -> "Compiler logging" and select "Full command line".

the result of compiler logging:

-------------- Build: default in test ---------------
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH  -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹\include" -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹\lib"\gcc_dll\mswu -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹"\contrib\include -I"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\include" -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include  -c wx_pch.h -o wx_pch.h.gch\default_wx_pch.h.gch
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH  -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹\include" -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹\lib"\gcc_dll\mswu -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹"\contrib\include -I"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\include" -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include  -c main.cpp -o .objs\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹\lib" -L"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹\lib"\gcc_dll -L"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\lib" -LE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib  -o wxwidgets_u.exe .objs\main.o    -lwxmsw26u  -mwindows
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmsw26u
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 21 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 04:40:49 am by alanwong »

TheNullinator

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 04:54:14 am »
Try adding E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll to your project's linker directories.

EDIT:

Why do you have two installations ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹" and "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2") of wxWidgets?  Which one are you actually trying to use?

I'm guessing "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\桌面\新建文件夹" is the wxWidgets install the the global variable WX points to since all of it's directories are passed on the command line (as opposed to "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2" which is missing lib\gcc_dll).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 05:01:46 am by TheNullinator »

alanwong

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 06:11:47 am »
Now I have add 'E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll to  project's linker directories,I have create new project again,  directory of project is 'E:\TEST\wxtest',and set the global variable WX to 'E:\TEST\wxtest' ,but after Compile, it still report error messages:

-------------- Build: default in wxtest ---------------
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH  -IE:\TEST\wxtest\include -IE:\TEST\wxtest\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IE:\TEST\wxtest\contrib\include -I"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\include" -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include  -c wx_pch.h -o wx_pch.h.gch\default_wx_pch.h.gch
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH  -IE:\TEST\wxtest\include -IE:\TEST\wxtest\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IE:\TEST\wxtest\contrib\include -I"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\include" -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include  -c main.cpp -o .objs\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe -LE:\TEST\wxtest\lib -LE:\TEST\wxtest\lib\gcc_dll -L"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\lib" -LE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll  -o wxwidgets_u.exe .objs\main.o    -lwxmsw26u  -mwindows
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 31 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 08:39:16 am by alanwong »

TheNullinator

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 06:22:30 am »
You want WX to be set to "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2".

Have you checked in "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll" for libwxmsw26u.a?  It should be there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 06:25:07 am by TheNullinator »

alanwong

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 08:54:17 am »

I can not find libwxmsw26u.a in "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll",why?
all files in "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll"  as follows:

mswunivu\  -------------> it is a folder.
libwxbase26u.a
libwxbase26u_net.a
libwxbase26u_odbc.a
libwxbase26u_xml.a
libwxexpat.a
libwxjpeg.a
libwxmswuniv26u_adv.a
libwxmswuniv26u_core.a
libwxmswuniv26u_dbgrid.a
libwxmswuniv26u_gl.a
libwxmswuniv26u_html.a
libwxmswuniv26u_media.a
libwxmswuniv26u_xrc.a
libwxpng.a
libwxregexu.a
libwxtiff.a
libwxzlib.a
wxbase26u_gcc_custom.dll
wxbase26u_net_gcc_custom.dll
wxbase26u_odbc_gcc_custom.dll
wxbase26u_xml_gcc_custom.dll
wxmswuniv26u_adv_gcc_custom.dll
wxmswuniv26u_core_gcc_custom.dll
wxmswuniv26u_dbgrid_gcc_custom.dll
wxmswuniv26u_gl_gcc_custom.dll
wxmswuniv26u_html_gcc_custom.dll
wxmswuniv26u_media_gcc_custom.dll
wxmswuniv26u_xrc_gcc_custom.dll

NOW  I have set wx to "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2",and Compile again,but it still report message:

-------------- Build: default in wxtest ---------------
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH  -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\contrib\include -I"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\include" -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include  -c wx_pch.h -o wx_pch.h.gch\default_wx_pch.h.gch
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH  -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\contrib\include -I"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\include" -IE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include  -c main.cpp -o .objs\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe -LE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib -LE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll -L"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\lib" -LE:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll  -o wxwidgets_u.exe .objs\main.o    -lwxmsw26u  -mwindows
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 41 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

TheNullinator

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 09:02:31 am »
Hmm.  In my lib\gcc_dll directory I've got:

mswu
libwxregexu.a
libwxzlib.a
libwxpng.a
libwxjpeg.a
libwxtiff.a
libwxexpat.a
wxmsw26u_gcc_custom.dll
libwxmsw26u.a

How did you compile wxWidgets?  I did it like this: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_wxWidgets_2.6.2_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 09:05:38 am »
I can not find libwxmsw26u.a in "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll",why?
all files in "E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll"  as follows:
This is a non-monolithic build ( = many smaller libraries), but the template you used assumes a monolithic build. You'll have to replace the single library with several of the ones you listed (depends on which ones you need, if in doubt, take all), or you have to build wxWidgets with MONOLITHIC=1, in which case you get the library you need (and can build your project as it is).

Sidenote: if you have changed the wx variable according to what the Nullinator said, adding the E:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll path is not necessary - that is what this variable is good for.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

alanwong

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 10:25:45 am »
thanked you for all your help ,TheNullinator and thomas.
Now project enable to run. I  take great pleasure or joy.

many thank  again.