Author Topic: Settings->Environment.... crash! the latest nightly !!!!!!!!!!  (Read 28400 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Settings->Environment.... crash! the latest nightly !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 07:57:24 pm »
Yannis could you please have a look at the debian directory and check if it is not there the cause of the problem (I would do it by myself, but I am not an expert)

Well I 'm far from being an expert myself ;)
Anyway, surely the resources are not updated. I have mentioned it before. And I have also mentioned the temporary "fix": just before creating your package, run make clean-zipfiles...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 08:13:17 pm »

... I just replace the env_settings.xrc in the zip file and it works well.
I hope that you can fix the error now so that everyone has fun in programming with C::B... :)

So.. you beat both me and my dog to the solution. Good for you.
My poor linux 333mhz laptop is still compiling svn2368 so I could do the comparison.

Good job Dee.

thanks,
pecan

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 08:14:18 pm »
Yannis could you please have a look at the debian directory and check if it is not there the cause of the problem (I would do it by myself, but I am not an expert)

Well I 'm far from being an expert myself ;)
Anyway, surely the resources are not updated. I have mentioned it before. And I have also mentioned the temporary "fix": just before creating your package, run make clean-zipfiles...

Thank you very much for the help. I will try the fix tomorrow in order to build a package without crashes :).

Anyway, I just wonder if there is an official method for building .deb packages. More I search and more "solutions" I find. I think that soon or late I will found the right one :).

Best wishes,
Michael

Dee

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 08:31:08 pm »
Quote from: Michael
If someone would be so kind to install it and check if the Settings-->Environment crash is disappeared,
Sorry, but it still crashes....

Anyway, I just wonder if there is an official method for building .deb packages.
I don't think so! I know that my way with checkinstall is not the best, because the dependencies will not be checked. But using dh_make and fakeroot should do this. But please don't ask how to use this exactly...

Quote from: Pecan
you beat both me and my dog to the solution.
No, I would never beat a dog or any other animal... ;)

Greetings, Dee

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 08:52:35 pm »
Quote from: Michael
If someone would be so kind to install it and check if the Settings-->Environment crash is disappeared,
Sorry, but it still crashes....

Ok, I see :(.

Anyway, I just wonder if there is an official method for building .deb packages.
I don't think so! I know that my way with checkinstall is not the best, because the dependencies will not be checked. But using dh_make and fakeroot should do this. But please don't ask how to use this exactly...

I use fakeroot :). Anyway, I have read that Ubuntu developers build packages with CHROOT and pbuilder (to be sure that each package will work everywhere or quite). I have tried, but get an error, because it could not find the zip file. Should I install it.

I think that each distro has its "official" method(s). I just would like to find the right way in ubuntu :).

Now I am building the .deb package for the nightly build of today after having done sudo make clean-zipfiles. It should work then :).

Thanks.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2006, 12:28:44 pm »
Hello,

I have build a .deb package for revision 2387 (and this time I have run sudo make clean-zipfiles before :)). This time the crash should be solved (if I have run the make clean-zipfiles correctly :)). Unfortunately, BerliOS seems to be still down.

Therefore, if someone would be so kind to install it and check if the Settings-->Environment crash is really disappeared, I would really appreciate :). If you have installed a previous package, please uninstall it before.

The package (rev2387) is available here:

http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=547711

Thank you very much :).

Best wishes,
Michael

Dee

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2006, 01:30:43 pm »
Yeah, it works... :)

But there are other problems with this release (and the previous ones). Should I start another thread?

Greetings, Dee

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2006, 01:40:29 pm »
Yeah, it works... :)

Cool 8). Yannis has always the right solution/suggestion/advice  :D.

But there are other problems with this release (and the previous ones). Should I start another thread?

If the problems are not related with the crash, then yes. IMHO it is a better idea to post them in a separate thread than just add them here.

Thanks for your help :).

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Commodore64

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2006, 01:11:34 pm »
Hi,
I had the same problem as the topic title, and after a lot of PAIN, I found this thread and solved the problem using Yannis's suggestion:
Code
make clean-bin
make clean-zipfiles

The problem is that the wiki page about compiling C::B does not say anything about it!
Times ago I had another problem with the wiki: I couldn't even build C::B, because I was missing a
Code
make distclean

Thus I would STRONGLY suggest to update the wiki, explaining how to clean everything before compiling, with

Code
make distclean
make clean-bin
make clean-zipfiles
./configure
make
make install

Thank you!

Edit: I figured out just now that I can edit the wiki with my forum account  :oops: and I did it... please check  that I didn't say anything wrong, though! :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 01:51:36 pm by Commodore64 »