User forums > Help

Global comp. options:a way to modify lnk without clicking ?

(1/1)

new_user:
Hi,

this tool is really great. I've just tried to use it with compiler and wx2.5 installed with wx-devcpp. It is just a matter of seconds to have it running. Thanks :)

alas :( I've been forced to enter each  lib needed for my wx app with a lot of clicks in "compile/compiler options" and "linker options" tab.

I had to enter each lib manually since it has not been detected (I had an older mingw installed which has been detected but my newer one - the one installed by wx-devcpp - is in another path). I then tried to add "other linker options" with -l flags but it does not seem to work.

If I want my link process to succeed, it seems that we have to modify the list "link libraries". Is that correct ?

It would be nice if I could change this list by editing with a text editor (it will be easier to manager changes) : is this list available as a text file anywhere ?

Thank you

best regards

Patrice

mandrav:

--- Quote ---I then tried to add "other linker options" with -l flags but it does not seem to work.
--- End quote ---

It should. The difference between the "libs" listbox and "options" textbox, is that libs are converted to "-lsomelib" linker options while the "options" are passed as linker command line args as they are.
Also, if you add "-lsomelib" in the "options", when you re-open the compiler options it should auto-detect this and move it in the "libs" listbox.
So, that would be the text-edit way to add many libs.

Are things not working like this?

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
Unforunately, it is not working like this :) Don't know why. I must say that I made another compiler set in the "global compiler options". Since my "GNU GCC compiler" did not have libs for wx, I made a copy ("Copy") and then edited it to add all libs needed for a wx App.
I still have my libs but the other -l options (in "other linker options") are auto-detected nor moved.
The line is as follows :
-lstdc++ -lgcc -lodbc32 -lwsock32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lctl3d32  -lodbc32 -lodbc32 -lwsock32 -lopengl32
It was a "one line". I tried to add carriage return after each opt but it does not change anything :
-lstdc++
-lgcc
-lodbc32
even after quit/restarting codeblocks options are still on the right pane

Patrice

mandrav:

--- Quote ---It was a "one line". I tried to add carriage return after each opt but it does not change anything
--- End quote ---

Yes, it needs to be one option-per-line for the auto-detection to work.

--- Quote ---even after quit/restarting codeblocks options are still on the right pane
--- End quote ---

It seems I have misunderstood you. What is the problem?
- that they 're on the right pane, or
- that they 're not used?
If it is the latter, please post the full compile log (Compile/Compiler options/Other/Compiler logging).
If it is not, please explain what the problem is exactly.

Yiannis.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: mandrav ---
--- Quote ---It was a "one line". I tried to add carriage return after each opt but it does not change anything
--- End quote ---

Yes, it needs to be one option-per-line for the auto-detection to work.

--- End quote ---

Actually I thought the auto-detection would move the -llibXXX option to the listbox on the left (libXXX) ... when you said : "Also, if you add "-lsomelib" in the "options", when you re-open the compiler options it should auto-detect this and move it in the "libs" listbox"

--- Quote from: mandrav ---
--- Quote ---even after quit/restarting codeblocks options are still on the right pane
--- End quote ---

It seems I have misunderstood you. What is the problem?
- that they 're on the right pane, or
- that they 're not used?
If it is the latter, please post the full compile log (Compile/Compiler options/Other/Compiler logging).
If it is not, please explain what the problem is exactly.

Yiannis.
--- End quote ---

Indeeed, it works when there is one option per line (I first tried with all options on the same line : it failed). Apologies :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version