Author Topic: The 22 march 2006 build is out.  (Read 36151 times)

Offline aarti_pl

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 22 march 2006 build is out.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 08:23:24 pm »
If you 've built C::B before on this computer, make sure you run make uninstall before building the updated C::B. That is because it uses libcodeblocks.so which is already installed (normally in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib) and not the one you 're building.

I have uninstalled whole CB from usr/local/. I know about the problem with libcodeblocks.so because I have reported it  8)

We 're using autotools to generate the Makefiles, we don't create them by hand. So, I guess, they are proper Makefiles...
OTOH, if you believe there 's something wrong with our autotools scripts, please provide a patch.

Unfortunately I am not familiar at all with the whole autotools mess. I just found 2 bugs: one that libcodeblocks.so is linked during compilation, and that not everything is uninstalled during make uninstall - on my computer there leaves /usr/local/share/codeblocks directory.

I really don't know why there are so much problems with CB on my computer. I have already compiled a lot of different programs and do not have so many problems.

I can try to found problem but maybe someone will help how to start :-)

BR
Aarti_pl

Offline Zingam

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2006, 10:49:38 pm »
Here is an attached crash report! where else can I put them? It's from the Linux build... it crashes almost all the time. It seems random so far but I'm not sure. I just cannot reproduce what I usually do and I don't use the linux version that much because of the crashes.

Hello,

Random :shock:?

May be you can give some more info. E.g., it crashes each minutes or after I started it, when I open a project or not, and so on. More info you give and easier it would be to find a solution :).

Which Linux distro and version are you using?

Best wishes,
Michael

CB on Ubuntu seems to crash quite randomly and I cannot remember when it crashed last time. Some times it crashes on exit, sometimes, when opening projects, sometimes when just clicking around the menus, the source tree etc.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 03:30:53 pm »
CB on Ubuntu seems to crash quite randomly and I cannot remember when it crashed last time. Some times it crashes on exit, sometimes, when opening projects, sometimes when just clicking around the menus, the source tree etc.

The only crashes, I have had was when trying opening the Settings-->Editor menu with the codestats plugin activated. If not I do not have crashes. Check if it is not some thing on your computer that could be the cause of the C::B crashes.

Best wishes,
Michael