Author Topic: The 22 march 2006 build is out.  (Read 36016 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: The 22 march 2006 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 11:26:13 am »
Hello!

To reproduce it is enough to choose Settings->Environment. CB crashes then... :-(
I remember post on forum where someone (Michael?) said that he has same problem, but I can not find post after reorganization.

Yep, I have posted something similar :D. I had a crash when opening Settings-->Editor. The problem was "solved" by de-activating codestats plugin. Give it a try and let know if it works for you or not. Personally, I build C::B by myself. I prefer using cbp rather than make. It is faster on my poor machine :).

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Zingam

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 11:54:12 am »
Here is an attached crash report! where else can I put them? It's from the Linux build... it crashes almost all the time. It seems random so far but I'm not sure. I just cannot reproduce what I usually do and I don't use the linux version that much because of the crashes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 12:00:46 pm »
Here is an attached crash report! where else can I put them? It's from the Linux build... it crashes almost all the time. It seems random so far but I'm not sure. I just cannot reproduce what I usually do and I don't use the linux version that much because of the crashes.

Hello,

Random :shock:?

May be you can give some more info. E.g., it crashes each minutes or after I started it, when I open a project or not, and so on. More info you give and easier it would be to find a solution :).

Which Linux distro and version are you using?

Best wishes,
Michael

TheNullinator

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 12:18:29 pm »
Hello,

I have got a problem with that build. I can't open my projects anymore.
I double click on my Test.cbp file and I have this first error message

I can confirm this with revision 2229 on Windows XP.  It seems to be another DDE bug.  I'm having a quick glance at src/src/app.cpp now to see if I can spot the issue.

TheNullinator

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 12:57:20 pm »
Well, that DDE bug seemed easy enough to fix.  Still having trouble with the freeze after saying OK to the "Project file format changed" dialog (which seems to be displayed twice) and the "Project file format will be updated on save" dialog.

Zlika

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 01:33:19 pm »
Yep, I have posted something similar :D. I had a crash when opening Settings-->Editor. The problem was "solved" by de-activating codestats plugin. Give it a try and let know if it works for you or not. Personally, I build C::B by myself. I prefer using cbp rather than make. It is faster on my poor machine :).
What version of CB are you using? Do you still have the problem with the latest build?
Please check that you use the latest source/dll and zip files (containing the XRC forms). If the codestat.zip file is not present or if it is not the latest version it may explain the crash.
I have compiled and used it on XP-sp2 and it works ok.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 01:40:20 pm »

The problem is with the linux version...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Zlika

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 01:54:33 pm »
I don't have a linux box (yet...) to test it, but if someone could give me some info about the crash...

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 02:09:27 pm »

I never had this problem in Windows XP SP2, but in Linux (ubuntu 5.10). C::B works fine in Windows. Some users have a crash with Settings-->Environments, but I not yet (and do not want too :)) have one. One of my colleague who tests ubuntu packages of C::B has told me he had that crash with rev2218 (IIRC).

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 02:12:07 pm »
I don't have a linux box (yet...) to test it, but if someone could give me some info about the crash...

You can have a look at this thread.

Best wishes,
Michael

Zlika

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 04:32:24 pm »
I've read the thread but it's not very helpful to track the problem... I'm looking forward to buying a new computer where I could install a Debian!  :lol:
Anyway, the thread is nearly 1 month old and I've made some changes since then. Does the problem still persist?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 05:00:19 pm »
Anyway, the thread is nearly 1 month old and I've made some changes since then. Does the problem still persist?

I do not know. I have never re-activated the codestat plugin (I do not use it).

Best wishes,
Michael
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:50:18 am by Michael »

Offline aarti_pl

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 06:30:11 pm »
I have deactivated _ALL_ plugins and problem still remains.

I have installed 2 versions of wxwidgets: one 2.6.1 is in /usr/lib (from standard Ubuntu 5.10 packages) and second 2.6.2 in /usr/local/lib (self compiled). Could it be a problem?

PS. I use now nightly CB from *.deb package for Ubuntu. rev. 2227

Regards
Aarti_pl

BTW: Compiling from svn makes CB crash on opening of almost every dialog (make clean-zip-files doesn't help at all). I use make Makefile as it is standard way of compiling Linux programs, and people are just familiar with it - so proper Makefiles is a must to make CB succesful on Linux.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 06:35:54 pm by aarti_pl »

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 10:54:37 am »
BTW: Compiling from svn makes CB crash on opening of almost every dialog (make clean-zip-files doesn't help at all). I use make Makefile as it is standard way of compiling Linux programs, and people are just familiar with it - so proper Makefiles is a must to make CB succesful on Linux.

Hmmm. I have built C::B from SVN with make without troubles. Now I prefer to use C::B to build C::B. It is faster and I prefer this way. Anyway, I build .deb packages with make without troubles (if not the PCHs).

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 11:20:33 am »
BTW: Compiling from svn makes CB crash on opening of almost every dialog (make clean-zip-files doesn't help at all).

If you 've built C::B before on this computer, make sure you run make uninstall before building the updated C::B. That is because it uses libcodeblocks.so which is already installed (normally in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib) and not the one you 're building.

I use make Makefile as it is standard way of compiling Linux programs, and people are just familiar with it - so proper Makefiles is a must to make CB succesful on Linux.

We 're using autotools to generate the Makefiles, we don't create them by hand. So, I guess, they are proper Makefiles...
OTOH, if you believe there 's something wrong with our autotools scripts, please provide a patch.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...