Author Topic: Some more questions...:P  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Laughing Cheese

• Single posting newcomer
Some more questions...:P
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:19:26 am »
Just a few more questions on CB.

As I'm sure you all know, Microsoft VB/other languages are Object Oriented.

Now, I'm new to programming, so please correct me if I'm wrong on what OO means.

In MS VB, isn't OO when you put whatever value or something, say, lblCheese.Caption = "Cheese Rules."

When you insert the period (.) a little drop down list of "objects" displays, Caption being one of the objecst.

Now, as I understand, objecsts are a number of preprogrammed codes desgined to make programming faster. Hence the drop down list.

Now my question; and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be offended by this:

CB seems to be like a highly advanced programming-oriented text editor; same with DevCpp. CB looks like a great program, and I look forward to using it, but can someone explain the differences?

Thanks a lot, LC

Also, in the future, of course, form drawing such as on VB/VC++ would be a nice touch..just a thought :) Thanks again, LC

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Some more questions...:P
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 09:36:30 am »
Don't get me wrong, but I would suggest you grab a book and read about OO. According to your question you are really new to OO. So what do you expect from this C::B forum to provide is impossible.
In short sentences: OO is a design, is a specific programming paradigma / philosophy, if you like. VB is not really object oriented allthough it makes use of objects. If you have used classes in VB than you get a very little (!) feeling about what's OO. But if you really like to learn to think in OO and thus develop in OO I'd rather prefer C++ or Java for learning.
So again: This forum cannot answer your question - you need to read about OO in a book or similar or (even better) take a course at a university. Once you did that you'll understand why there is no short answer to your question. Sorry.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: Some more questions...:P
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:51:01 am »
Hello,

Here a couple of link to help you a bit:

Anyway, I agree with MortenMacFly suggestion.

Best wishes,
Michael

PS.: Also remember that google is your best friend and very useful when you search something :D.