Author Topic: Global comp. options:a way to modify lnk without clicking ?  (Read 6908 times)

new_user

Global comp. options:a way to modify lnk without clicking ?
« on: April 25, 2005, 11:42:11 am »
Hi,

this tool is really great. I've just tried to use it with compiler and wx2.5 installed with wx-devcpp. It is just a matter of seconds to have it running. Thanks :)

alas :( I've been forced to enter each  lib needed for my wx app with a lot of clicks in "compile/compiler options" and "linker options" tab.

I had to enter each lib manually since it has not been detected (I had an older mingw installed which has been detected but my newer one - the one installed by wx-devcpp - is in another path). I then tried to add "other linker options" with -l flags but it does not seem to work.

If I want my link process to succeed, it seems that we have to modify the list "link libraries". Is that correct ?

It would be nice if I could change this list by editing with a text editor (it will be easier to manager changes) : is this list available as a text file anywhere ?

Thank you

best regards

Patrice

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 12:49:02 pm »
I then tried to add "other linker options" with -l flags but it does not seem to work.

It should. The difference between the "libs" listbox and "options" textbox, is that libs are converted to "-lsomelib" linker options while the "options" are passed as linker command line args as they are.
Also, if you add "-lsomelib" in the "options", when you re-open the compiler options it should auto-detect this and move it in the "libs" listbox.
So, that would be the text-edit way to add many libs.

Are things not working like this?

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 02:32:27 pm »
Unforunately, it is not working like this :) Don't know why. I must say that I made another compiler set in the "global compiler options". Since my "GNU GCC compiler" did not have libs for wx, I made a copy ("Copy") and then edited it to add all libs needed for a wx App.
I still have my libs but the other -l options (in "other linker options") are auto-detected nor moved.
The line is as follows :
-lstdc++ -lgcc -lodbc32 -lwsock32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lctl3d32  -lodbc32 -lodbc32 -lwsock32 -lopengl32
It was a "one line". I tried to add carriage return after each opt but it does not change anything :
-lstdc++
-lgcc
-lodbc32
even after quit/restarting codeblocks options are still on the right pane

Patrice

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 02:38:07 pm »
It was a "one line". I tried to add carriage return after each opt but it does not change anything

Yes, it needs to be one option-per-line for the auto-detection to work.

It seems I have misunderstood you. What is the problem?
- that they 're on the right pane, or
- that they 're not used?
If it is the latter, please post the full compile log (Compile/Compiler options/Other/Compiler logging).
If it is not, please explain what the problem is exactly.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 03:18:42 pm »
Quote from: mandrav
It was a "one line". I tried to add carriage return after each opt but it does not change anything

Yes, it needs to be one option-per-line for the auto-detection to work.

Actually I thought the auto-detection would move the -llibXXX option to the listbox on the left (libXXX) ... when you said : "Also, if you add "-lsomelib" in the "options", when you re-open the compiler options it should auto-detect this and move it in the "libs" listbox"
Quote from: mandrav

It seems I have misunderstood you. What is the problem?
- that they 're on the right pane, or
- that they 're not used?
If it is the latter, please post the full compile log (Compile/Compiler options/Other/Compiler logging).
If it is not, please explain what the problem is exactly.

Yiannis.

Indeeed, it works when there is one option per line (I first tried with all options on the same line : it failed). Apologies :-)