Author Topic: Just being curious...  (Read 6677 times)

Offline balgior

• Multiple posting newcomer
Just being curious...
« on: March 12, 2006, 01:34:39 am »
I've always had this question:
Are developers in here proffessional programmers? Cause i'm not  :D (that's probably why i'm not a dev. :cry:!)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:39:20 am by balgior »

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: Just being curious...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 02:34:58 am »
I'mn't really sure if I count as a developer here, but anyway, I'm just a college student.

sethjackson

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 02:43:26 am »
Are developers in here proffessional programmers? Cause i'm not  :D (that's probably why i'm not a dev. :cry:!)

I have no idea. No one will stop you from submitting patches. I submit patches all the time and I have never had one minute of programming classes/instruction in my life (meaning I taught myself programming). If you want to help out just PM mandrav.....

EDIT:

I just have to say this... If the quality of the software (C::B) indicated wether the devs were professinal programmers then the C::B devs are professional. I had to say that because alot of software out there is supposedly coded by "professional" programmers, and the software often times does not reflect this.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 02:46:45 am by sethjackson »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 12:55:43 pm »
Are developers in here proffessional programmers?
I'm not a programmer.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 02:53:28 pm »
Are developers in here proffessional programmers?
I'm not a programmer.

You still write code for C::B though right?  :?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 03:02:59 pm »
Yes, that's right. Wasn't that what balgior was asking?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 03:04:38 pm »
Yes, that's right. Wasn't that what balgior was asking?

Yeah. :D

Offline balgior

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 11:35:45 am »

I have no idea. No one will stop you from submitting patches. I submit patches all the time and I have never had one minute of programming classes/instruction in my life (meaning I taught myself programming). If you want to help out just PM mandrav.....

Nope, I am definatelly not ready for such a thing... though i'd like to. Maybe in a few months i will be able to be more helpful to the community.

just have to say this... If the quality of the software (C::B) indicated wether the devs were professinal programmers then the C::B devs are professional. I had to say that because alot of software out there is supposedly coded by "professional" programmers, and the software often times does not reflect this.

I agree on that for sure! Good work is going on here!!!

So, now that i know that you don't have to be a proffessional programmer to do all that stuff... there's still hope for me. 8)

PS: sorry guys, i can't be online everyday and so i'm not rteplying very soon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:37:26 am by balgior »