Author Topic: The 08 march 2006 build is out.  (Read 13750 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 08 march 2006 build is out.
« on: March 08, 2006, 09:23:30 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml
A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.7z
For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb.7z

The 08 March 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060308_rev2159_win32.7z
  - Linux : not supported yet

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed bug in build process when switching targets that use different compilers)
  • MsVCToolkit compiler : debug symbols : corrected define : _DEBUG instead of DEBUG
  • Made code-completion's auto-popup behaviour a little smarter

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)

Offline Acki

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 08 march 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:46:16 pm »
Hi,
I now get error messages if I try to open a workspace !!!

1. The file "c:\...\xxx.workspace" or one of its components could not be found...
2. Unable to open C:\....\xxx.cbp
3. Failed to create a temporary file name (error 267: ...)

But all seems to be loaded correctly !?!?!
This errors appear every time I open a workspace !!!
If I open a project file, I get no errors !?!?!

assiss

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 04:19:38 am »
There is a bug in code auto-completion.
I typed uppercase, after the list control displayed, what I typed changed into lowercase.

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 05:05:41 am »
Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)

There is a bug in code auto-completion.
I typed uppercase, after the list control displayed, what I typed changed into lowercase.
See above, there are many known issues and currently the plugin is being remade to fix them.  I don't think anyone is trying to salvage the old one right now.

PMike

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 10:28:01 am »
Made code-completion's auto-popup behaviour a little smarter
Closing popup window when user typed "Space" would be really smart thing :)

Offline morgan

• Single posting newcomer
keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 11:35:06 am »
I configured shortcuts to have
F6 : Next line
F7 : Step into
F8 : Step out

... and more, but F6 no longer works since "Next instruction" has been provided.
When I try to reconfigure Next line, i get a "key binding file is corrupted. Please delete it".
No shortcut is displayed for this function in the configuration panel, but F7 is displayed in the debug menu...

isn't it strange ?

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 03:36:51 pm »
I don't think anyone is trying to salvage the old one right now.
Someone obviously is. :)

Since losing artoj indefinitely, no one appears to be officially in charge of rejuvenating code completion (other than Yiannis as project lead, of course).

As always, I'm working in this area on my own in secret, and I can't commit to anything officially because of school and employment.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 06:30:23 pm »
I configured shortcuts to have
F6 : Next line
F7 : Step into
F8 : Step out

... and more, but F6 no longer works since "Next instruction" has been provided.
When I try to reconfigure Next line, i get a "key binding file is corrupted. Please delete it".
No shortcut is displayed for this function in the configuration panel, but F7 is displayed in the debug menu...

isn't it strange ?

On occasion, the CodeBlocks menu items can evolve enough
such that keybinder can nolonger determine if a menu item is gone
forever, or if it has disappeared temporarily.

When, during key definition, keybinder finds that a menu key is being assigned to a menu item id whose id/label is different from the id/label recorded in its config file, it assumes its config file is now out-of-date or corrupted.
I.e., the menu structure must have changed between key definitions.

Your options are to either edit the config file and delete the
offending id and label, or to delete the config file and redefine
your personal key binding.

The config file is located in  "\homeDirectory\Application Data\codeblocks\cbKeyBinder04v16.ini".

thanks
pecan
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 06:39:04 pm by Pecan »

Offline morgan

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 11:27:46 am »
On occasion, the CodeBlocks menu items can evolve enough
such that keybinder can nolonger determine if a menu item is gone
forever, or if it has disappeared temporarily.

When, during key definition, keybinder finds that a menu key is being assigned to a menu item id whose id/label is different from the id/label recorded in its config file, it assumes its config file is now out-of-date or corrupted.
I.e., the menu structure must have changed between key definitions.

Your options are to either edit the config file and delete the
offending id and label, or to delete the config file and redefine
your personal key binding.

The config file is located in  "\homeDirectory\Application Data\codeblocks\cbKeyBinder04v16.ini".

thanks
pecan

Another thing about key bindings (but a little different) that is terribly annoying when coding :

I'm french and so, i have a french keyboard (so, excuse my english  :) ). When typing a '.', a '->' or simply a '(', code completion opens a little window and the keyboard curiously passes to an english keyboard, disabling parenthesis, comma, and more...

I know that code completion is being completely rewritten and i wish this behaviour to change if possible.

thanks a lot for a such great coding tool !

Morgan GERMAIN

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 11:36:05 am »
I'm french and so, i have a french keyboard (so, excuse my english  Smile ). When typing a '.', a '->' or simply a '(', code completion opens a little window and the keyboard curiously passes to an english keyboard, disabling parenthesis, comma, and more...

Uncheck "Settings->Editor->CodeCompletion->Use custom control for code-completion list".
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...